65. "Kiss n' Tell"✔️

T A J R O M A Eᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

I'm comfortable but I feel out of place. In a way. If that makes sense. I guess it's the feeling you get when you're hanging around rich people.

You're doing great..

I take a deep breath, sit up straight and cross my ankles. The strings in my heels are biting my skin-but it's bearable.

"Mi kinda confuse," I hear Zahir saying but gets no answer since the others are confused themselves. They end up laughing.

Except the couple.

As we wait for our food we have small talks and vibe to the pop music playing. Rushawn is still awfully quiet but seems a little free.

Now that he's taking a call.

"Zai wah you a take?" I ask in hopes to cheer her up. She smiles and tells me Jerky wings with mashed potatoes.

"Ouuu I want to try that," Nizhaé chimes in excitedly.

"Maybe you should," Zara smiles.

Shortly after, our server approaches, takes our orders and disappears. I ordered Miso glazed salmon and Taco-to be safe, if I end up not liking the salmon.

I embrace the five minutes of tranquility which ends abruptly when their father joins us. His eyes are like a moonless night-which doesn't leave Rushawn as he sits down.

Jesus..

"Is everything okay?" Zara ask him, noticing his cold demeanor. She reaches over and squeeze his hand gently.

"Yeah mon," he looks around then face her again. "The lady take the orders yet?"

He's so intimidating..

"Yeah," Zara replies and he nods his head. He glances at his rolex and looks around the restaurant for the hundredth time.

He's off..

And it's alarming.

"So yuh order lobster for me?" he ask her, staring directly in her eyes. Saying that he's intimidating isn't even enough.

And it's amusing how she manages to maintain an intense stare like that. I would fold if it was me. Wife or not.

"Yeah the same thing you said earlier," she picks up the menu and show him. He nods and looks at us.