34. Big Energy✔️

Z  A  H   I  Rᴢᴀʜɪʀ

Z A H I R
ᴢᴀʜɪʀ

"You feel say we have a chance gainst Kc?" Sajay ask, sounding worried. Coach steps back dramatically, raising his eyebrows at him.

"Who been a win youth?" he ask with his hands in his pocket.

"Nuh 1 ekky mon," I chime in, watching as Kenardo bounces the ball on his wallabee.

Sajay smiles.

"Oh," Coach says in a conceited tone.

"A so the man love fret when we a go play gainst big team mon," Kenardo laughs.

"Because a big team," Sajay counters.

I shake my head at him.

"Nuh other team cyaa test a wah yaw meds?" I chime in, watching as Nardo passes the ball to Sajay.

Then he passes it to me.

I dribble the ball with my right leg, moving it to the orange cone before I switch it to my left leg.

"Kc beat all Jc enuh dawg," he continues.

Sajay is the most cynical of the five of us. No matter what he's always skeptical and questioning stuff.

Di man just negative..

But I blame the neighborhood that he's from.

For a young youth he has really witnessed a lot in Tivoli.

And I can attest to that.

Coach Shaw drinks his Aloe drink and starts motivating us.

"Dem known fi be the best in a the zone yes but we affi believe in a we self," he starts.

"A nuh lie," Rushawn says from the side.

He's eating a box food while sitting on a chair with his crutches leaning next to him.

Coach nods and continues.

"We a go win the game fi Rushawn. He's struggling with a fractured leg. So when you go out there. Don't just enjoy for you, enjoy for him too. A dat football bout," he tells us in a hardline tone.

"No joke mo-" I'm interrupted by a high pitched voice screaming my name.

I snap my head to the person and realize that it's Roxanne.

"A wah she want?" Nardo ask.

I stand up alarmed.

Dat mi wah know too.

It must be serious if it brings her all the way to the football field.

"A wahm?" I move closer to her and notice that she's drenched in sweat. Her friends are behind her too sweating and breathing hard.