38. "Good Sign?"✔️

Oct 28th
Friday, 3:38pm

I didn't proofread.

T A J R O M A Eᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

T A J R O M A E
ᵀᴬᴶ ᴿᴼᴹᴬᴱ

A soft tap on my leg cause me to stir. I move my head to the side noticing the marks on my arm. Then I look over my shoulder to see Ocean staring at me.

"Are you still tired?" his voice softens.

"Yeah," my words fades as I place my hand over my mouth to stifle a yawn. My eyes then darts to the window and see the palm tree fronds gently swaying in the wind. The sun is still out.

"What time?" I ask when I press my phone and notice it's dead. He walks out-I'm assuming to get his phone.

I sigh and prop up on my elbow then I realize that I'm still in my uniform. I was so tired when I got home. I just had to sleep. Despite the fact that I have so many things on my plate.

The products should be uploaded on my Instagram page before the launch tomorrow. Sighs. Thankfully though I didn't oversleep because that would impede my plans.

I have to prepare the products for display tomorrow and also for sale. Not only that but I have to check if Aiko is done with my website and my business intro. Hopefully he is because I'd be pissed.

All that to do and my phone is dead.

I push my body off the bed, scurry to the socket next to my vanity mirror and insert my 20w charger in my charging port. It's the next sonic. If I don't watch it, it might just overcharge my phone and damage the battery.

"I got mommy's phone cause it takes good pictures," I turn when Ocean comes back in the room and smile at his altruism. He's so sweet.

"Thanks Ocean," I take it from him and glimpse at the time.

3:40pm.

Oh, I haven't been sleeping long then.

Ocean's eyes are on my face before they drop to my uniform.

"Are you going to change out of your uniform first?" he ask and I nod.

"Mi a go take a quick shower and meet you outside," I tell him and watch as the life gradually drains out of his face and the excitement in his eyes dims. He's eager to take the pictures. And you keep delaying.

"Mi nah take long," I say like a promise and he hums in response just before crossing his arms over his chest.

He's unconvinced.