Relax

Song of the chapter: Into your arms - Ava Max

On the following day we just had training on the pitch again and relaxing time in the afternoon. We have our last match for this camp tomorrow. I look forward to it because Sarina told me that I will have more time to play this time but on the other hand I know that it will the last game so the camp is about to end. I don't want this time to end because I have no idea how things will be when me and Leah are not together every day and all the time. I don't even know how to sleep without her next to me. I will wake up and not see her face immediately. I already miss it, miss her.

After training I'm in our room just sitting on the bed with my phone. Leah is the relaxing room with Georgia and Beth I think. I told them that I will join them in a few minutes but then I see the unread messages from Steph again. This time I don't think about it anymore. I'm tired of overthinking this so much. I just click on the message. I'm not sure if I really want to know what she wrote but it's already too late. The first messages were just some congratulations for me call up and my debut game. I actually think that this is nice but I never thought that she would care about that. The following message are just saying "hi" and "text me". I obviously don't reply to any of them. The last one is "i really want to talk to you about something. Can you please call me back." I sigh as I see that. It is exactly what I was afraid of. She wants something from me and I know that this will throw me back into that feelings that she made me feel. Especially not now that I'm actually happy for the first time. I don't text her back and just keep on staring at the messages.

I get taken back when the door opens. I look up and see that it is Leah who is standing there. I immediately turn off my phone and put it away. She gives me a clueless look. She probably thinks that I'm hiding something which I apparently do but I don't want to tell her about something that isn't her problem.

"What are you doing here? Are you alright?" Leah asks me. I think she was still waiting for me. I said a few minutes. Now it's been 30 minutes already.

"Yes I was just reading something." I say but don't give her more details.

"You don't have to come. You can stay here if you want to." Leah says.

"No I want to and I bet you would want me to come to." I give her a wink. A cheeky smiles appears on her lips.

"I can have you the entire night." She says that in such a weird tone that it sounds hot already.

"Leah stop it." I roll my eyes at her and walk past her. I hear her laughing behind me as she follows me.

We go down to spend the rest of the afternoon with Georgia and Beth.

"There you are." Georgia says as she sees me.

"I'm surprised that you two came down here so fast. I thought it would take you longer to get her." Beth says at Leah and based on her face I know what she means. I just hope that Georgia doesn't catch it up.

"Emma I heard that Sarina wants to put you in the starting eleven tomorrow." Georgia says. Luckily she changed the topic.

"I hope so."

"After your performance on the last game you definitely deserve it." Leah says. It feels so good to know that she is proud of me.

"You haven't even seen her scoring." Beth adds.

"But I did hear about it." She says while looking at me with a smile.

"If you would have seen it, you would have kissed her right there on the pitch." Beth laughs at Leah. She means it as a joke but she is dangerously close to give something away.