Earrings

In the time before the next England camp, I also play two more games with Manchester City. We won both. We are staying pretty good in the league at this point. Just Manchester United is ahead of us. I called and texted Leah every day. In this time I decided to get a small gift for Leah since I want her to also have something from me that she can always carry with her. She gave me the bracelet and the engagement ring that always remind me of her but she doesn't have anything. I thought about something good and then I remember to get her some earrings. I love how she looks with earrings on and it would be even better when they were a gift from me. I went out and looked for the perfect ones until I found some pretty and decent golden earrings with a little stone in it. I just hope that she will like them but I'm sure she will.

It's the evening of the last day of the break. Tomorrow I will see Leah again. I want to go to sleep quickly but somehow I just can't sleep tonight. I just roll around in my bed and try to somehow fall asleep. Maybe I'm too excited for tomorrow and that is the reason why I can't sleep right now. After a while I can't take it any longer. I grab my phone and search for Leah's number. I don't know if it is a good idea to call her right now but I didn't call her today and maybe I can sleep better after seeing her. I just hope that I won't wake her up. I go for a face time call. It takes a while and I already thought that she is already sleeping. Then she picks up the phone and her face appears on my screen. I can see that she is in her bed and the surrounding looks quite dark.

"Did you check the time before calling me?" She laughs.

"I'm sorry but I just couldn't sleep." I explain my late call.

"Too excited to see me tomorrow huh?" She softly chuckles.

"Probably." I smile. I'm completely taken over by affection already. I just look at her. I wish I could reach my hand through the phone and touch her.

"Do you want to stay on the phone over the night?" She asks. I didn't even think about that but it's actually a sweet idea.

"So we kind of sleep next to each other."

"Yeah." I see how she smiles. She rolls on her side and positions the phone next to her. She looks so cute in that position. I do the same and we just look at each other for a moment.

"Tell me about your day." I say.

"I already told you that." She says since we already texted today.

"Tell me again. Everything you did. Every detail." I say.

"Do you really care?" She laughs a bit.

"Of course I care and I want to hear your voice." I tell her. She lets out this cute chuckle that she gives me every time I say something sweet.

"Is this something like a bedtime story?"

"It could be." I say. Leah starts to do what I asked her to. She tells me everything about her day. From waking up to talking to me now. She tells me all of it. I close my eyes for a second while I listen to her. I really care about it. It's such basic things but I truly care. I don't get bored of what she is saying. Her voice sounds so calm that I really get a bit more tired. I notice how she starts to speak more quiet as I close my eyes. She is so thoughtful. She is talking for a while to be fair. I think she is talking extra long to give me more time to relax.

"...and now I'm watching how my beautiful fiancée is falling asleep to me telling her about my day." She finishes off her speech. I slightly open my again and let out a small giggle.

"Your voice is just very calming." I say.

"Go to sleep. I'll stay here and watch you until you are asleep." Leah says.