Training day

On the next day we have the next training on the pitch. Our upcoming match against Spain will be an away match for us so we will fly to Spain tomorrow. I have never been there but I can't wait for a bit of better weather. Spain is a good team with great results so I really hope we will be able to stand against them. Sarina motivated us with her speech before the training. I'm focused today. Since I worked everything out with Leah, I can fully focus on the training now.

"We will do a training match today. You will be separated into two teams and will play a whole match against each other so you are really fit for the game against Spain." Sarina opens the training after our warm up run. Sarina selects the teams. Leah isn't in my team so I will be playing against her now. I don't really want to do that because I know how good she is.

Sarina opens the game and my teams starts off strong. We get a few very good balls in the half but we never really shot at the goal. I send a quick pass through the defense directly into Ellas feet. She runs around Millie and Leah who both can't stop her. I'm impressed by how fast she runs through them leaving them behind. She shoots and I see Ellie Roebuck jump to reach the ball but she is too late. The ball hits the net putting us in front. We all high five each other and Sarina claps for us. I look at Leah who is giving me a serious smile. At least she tries to look serious.
We continue the game and just before the break Georgia equalizes with a very good shot from the distance. The the first half is over.

"That was a very good performance from all of you." Sarina tells us. We drink something before we get ready for the second half. Every one of us wants to win this match now.

We continue and just after ten minutes I have a pretty good chance. I run on the left side seeing Beth in the middle but I also see Leah running up to me to get me away from the ball. I shoot just a split of a second before Leah tackles me. I fall down to the ground and roll over. I keep laying there for a moment and Leah comes back at me immediately.

"Sorry." She apologizes as she sees me on the ground. She reaches her hand out for me to help me getting up.

"I don't remember you being so rough with me." I whisper at her while thinking about how gentle she was last night. I take her hand and stand up. I see her eyes getting big because of my words. She bites her lip and smiles down which makes her look insanely pretty. I just walk off and go back to my position to stop myself from getting distracted too much. We play the rest of the time and both teams do well but we don't score anymore. I'm not happy with my performance on todays match. I know that I'm still not a starting eleven player and that Sarina could easily remove me from the squad.

I sit on the bench on my own while the sky is getting grey. Wind starts to blow which makes me getting cold pretty fast. Still I remain sitting there. I'm really upset because of how I played even tho I wasn't so bad. I'm just afraid that Sarina will regret calling me up one day. Maybe I'm not as good as she thinks I am. Most of the girls went inside already because it looks like it is about to rain.

"Aren't you cold?" I look up and look into Leah's eyes. She is standing in front of me and is holding a jacket out for me.

"Thank you." I say and take the jacket to put it on. I'm really cold.

"What are you doing here?" She asks. It seems like she expected me to go inside with her.

"I don't know, just thinking." I say with a monotonous voice.

"Are you okay?" Leah sits next to me. I see a worried look on her face.

"I'm not happy." I tell her. She seems confused.

"Why not? You got me." She says. I give her a slight smile.

"I know and I don't mean that. I mean in terms of football." I say.