I don't need help

In the following days, Leah doesn't really get better. She is still waking up every night because of nightmares, she doesn't let me kiss her or hug her from behind. All I can do is hold her in the night and hope that she will fall asleep. She did go to training but I don't think that she is doing so well with that. The only time I see her smile is when she is with Louis. The next lionesses camp is coming up and since I still stay home with Louis, I won't be able to go there. I'm afraid how Leah will handle that. I can't stay by her side in the night or comfort her. She will be on her own.

I need someone to stay by her side when she will be away from me. Leah didn't tell anyone else about what happened but I feel like someone has to know. Just one person. I know it's wrong for me to tell it to someone but I still do it because I feel like it is what I have to do. In the afternoon, I call up Beth.

"Hello." Beth says.

"Hi Beth."

"You won't come to camp tomorrow, right?" She asks.

"No but I called because I need your help." I want to come straight to the point.

"Okay. How can I help you?"

"So you remember when we were in that club last week?" I start.

"Yeah."

"Something happened there that I didn't tell you about and I don't want you tell it to anyone else." I say to protect Leah at least so much that Beth is the only person to know.

"Okay now you scare me." Beth says. "What happened?"

"A man sexually assaulted Leah." I say. It hurts to say that. Beth stays silent for a moment.

"What? When?" She sounds shocked.

"Just after I left you to look for her."

"Was that why you were suddenly gone?" Beth asks.

"I took her home straight after that. I also broke my hand when I punched him." I tell her.

"Oh my god. How is Leah?" Beth asks now with concern in her voice.

"That is what I wanted to talk to you about. She isn't good. It's bad. She can't sleep and everything reminds her of him. She won't let me kiss her and she didn't want anyone to know about it. Technically I shouldn't tell you this right now but I want to make sure that there is someone in camp who knows about it when I won't be there. I just want to ask you to look after her and make sure that she is okay. I don't think she is okay and to be honest, I don't think that she should go to that camp but she won't listen to me." I say.

"Of course I will look after her. I will try my best to help her. I can ask her to share rooms so she won't be alone." Beth offers. I like that she immediately tries to help.

"Try everything to help her. She probably won't let you anyway but please still try or tell me and I will call her up."

"I will." Beth says.

"Thank you, Beth." I'm glad that I told her. Now I just need to tell Leah that I told Beth. I hope she won't be too mad at me. I only did it to help her.

After my call with Beth, I make my way to the bedroom. Leah is there still packing her bag for tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about telling her now.

"I asked Beth to help you in camp in case you don't feel good." I say. Leah looks up at me with a confused face.

"What?" She asks.

"I told her about what happened to you." I just say it. I try to read into her face but she stays serious.