Happy Birthday!

Two weeks after the end of camp, it's finally Leah's birthday. I have booked the trip to Paris already and also bought her a ring to have something that she actually can see and I like her wearing stuff that I gave her. I want to make this day perfect for her. We have training today but I at least want to prepare a nice breakfast and dinner. I secretly prepared some stuff before but I still need to get up pretty early to prepare the rest.

It's still dark outside as I wake up. Leah is laying next to me and is still sleeping. She looks beautiful and I can't wait to see her smile when she wakes up but right now I need her to sleep. I lift up my chest and gently place a kiss to her cheek. Then I carefully go out of the bed without making too much noise. I quickly get out of the room and close the door behind me. The entire house is still dark and pretty cold. I make my way to Louis room to check on him. Just as I walk in, he wakes up and starts to cry. I instantly pick him up and try to calm him down.

"Shh, we don't want to wake up mummy. It's her birthday today so me and you will set up a little surprise for her, right?" I whisper at him. I actually bought a shirt for Louis to wear. I take him to the living room with me and feed him at first so he would calm down. I look at him and immediately smile. He is probably the best thing that Leah ever gave me. I love her so much for making this little man possible. He is so calm now and looks up at me. I hold his little hand for a moment and almost forget why I'm here. I lay Louis in his crib while I start to prepare the breakfast for Leah. I thought it would be a good idea to make her a Paris inspired breakfast since we are going there. I looked up recipes of Croissants online and even though I'm not sure if I'm able to do it, I'll try. It takes me a moment to understand it and actually start. Leah mostly cooks so this is new for me. I start with making the dough and it actually looks good. I think I can do this. I really hope they will be good. The tricky part is to get them in shape but I watched some videos and manage to do it.

While the croissants are in the oven, I start to decorate the rest of the house. I put some flowers up everywhere and one of Leah's favourite scented candles. Since it's still a bit dark outside, I also put up some candles which immediately makes this more romantic. A few days ago I prepared a card with the hand and foot print of Louis on the front. It looks pretty sweet. I put the card on the table with the plane ticket for Paris in it. Next to it, I put a box with the ring. It all looks pretty good already. Now I just need the croissants to turn out good. I check them and they look ready. They look quite good to be honest. I taste some just to be sure that they are not totally disgusting. They taste like a real croissant. I'm quite proud of myself for that. I check the time and it's almost time for Leah to wake up so I quickly put the croissants on a plate on the table. I also make a hot chocolate for her since that is also common in Paris. Everything is ready now. I take a look at everything. It looks amazing and it only took me two hours. Two hours? Oh god. I quickly get Louis and take him back to his room. I need to change his shirt. I got him a shirt with "Happy birthday mummy" printed on it. He looks so sweet in it and I know that Leah will love to see him wear it. I put Louis back in his bed and hope that he won't cry.

"You just have to wait for a few minutes then we'll get you." I kiss his cheek. I close the door but not entirely and sneak back into the bedroom. Luckily Leah is still sleeping so I lay next to her again. I put my arm over her and wait for a moment. I don't want to wake her up right away.

After I enjoyed her warmth for a moment, I lift up my chest and lean over her. My hand is laying at her hips and I lower my face to kiss her cheek. I place some kisses to her cheek to wake her up. I know that this is her favourite way to wake up. After a while I see a smile on her face and she moves her head a bit. I still keep kissing her cheek until she opens her eyes.

"Happy birthday, honey." I whisper in her ear and kiss her again. The smile on her face gets bigger and she rolls on her back. She looks up at me and I stroke through her hair.