Shy

I'm in the starting line up today so I have to wear the actual kit from the start. We are wearing the white kit today. I'm very exited since the last game worked out very well for us.
As always Leah is done with her shoes first and comes over at me. I enjoy that I don't have to stop my heart from beating faster this time. I allow myself to love her because I know that I will never be able to set those feelings aside.

"Hey." She says as she sits next to me. I just give her a smile and her eyes softly sparkle at me.

"I don't know if it is appropriate for me to ask but..." Leah starts to mumble. I know exactly what she wants to ask.

"Yes." I just answer before she asked me.

"You didn't even hear my question." Leah chuckles.

"Yes, Leah you can give me a good luck kiss." I say letting her know that I knew what she was talking about.

"Really? On the lips?" She asks. I have to laugh a bit at her question.

"Yeah." I nod. I really need this kiss. I missed it so much the last time.

"Here?"

"Mhm." I nod once again. We both turn our heads to look at each other. I lay my hand on Leah's thigh and give her a smile. She slowly leans in. It feels like she does that extra slow like she waits for me to stop her. But I don't stop her. She comes closer and softly presses her lips against mine. I kiss her back one time before she slightly pulls back.

"Thanks." She says.

"You don't have to say thank you after you kissed me." I laugh at her. It feels weird when she does that.

"Sorry." She says. I feel like she is a bit nervous. I get that. It doesn't feel like the last time when we kissed. It feels like it is something new and I like that.

We go out on the pitch later. The atmosphere is just as great as the last time. This time I can play from the start. Before I go to my position, I look at Leah for a moment. She gives me a smile as she walks away. I'm so happy that we don't look at each other with cold eyes anymore.
I feel amazing while playing today. It feels like I'm doing everything right. Maybe it is my connection with Leah that is affecting me in a good way again or the kiss before the match. After 30 minutes we get a very good chance when Alex kick a corner. Rachel jumps up at the right time and get in a beautiful header making it 1-0. We go into halftime break with that. Until now we managed to defend our goal pretty good.

After the break Sarina makes some changes. Leah gets off the pitch. I think this is the first time that I play without her being on the pitch. Millie wears the captain's armband for the first minutes. When Millie gets off the pitch, she comes over at me and hands me the armband. I didn't really expected that but I love to wear it. I know that I will probably get subbed off the pitch later but at least I can wear the armband for a time. It is a honor and I love that they trust me with that.
A bit later USA gets a goal in after a long pass and it's 1-1. It makes me frustrated to see that. We could have defended that but we didn't. It's not over yet. There is still time.
The ball rolls out of the field and I go after it. When I do a throw in from the sideline where our bench is, I see how Leah gives me a smile as I come there. I love the looks she gives me. She always looks so proud and gives me the feeling that I'm doing everything great.
15 minutes before the end of the match, I get subbed off. I give the armband to Alex and run off the pitch. I'm not happy when I go down. I feel like I didn't do enough today. We still need at least one goal to win this. I go to the bench and sit next to Leah.

"Don't worry. You were amazing." She says at me. I think she notices that I'm not happy.

"Here." She hands me her jacket from the warmup.