Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hollis has the new playpen (with motorcycle pictures decorating it) in the middle of the barroom and Selena inside, Hollis starts working on the wall that covers the church. Emick does construction and he's taught Holly a thing or two.

"Hey, Marcus," Hollis greets Alvarez when the guys bring him in.

"Hey, Hollis," Alvarez winces.

"Don't worry about your wife and Luisa, I made call - they're safe," Hollis says.

"Thank you," Alvarez says before he's led into the chapel.

Clay watches Hollis and smiles. "Thanks for the wall, darlin'."

"You guys need more privacy," Holly says. "Can you hand me that part board before you go in?"

Clay holds it up for her. "How long have you been working on this?"

"All morning while the crow eaters watch Selena and I feed her when she gets hungry," Hollis replies as she works and Clay holds the board up. "Emick, one of my Niner brothers, taught me construction because that's his side gig.... And we're done." Clay helps her down off the ladder and she closes it up and carries it back outside. She leans it up against the clubhouse wall.

Holly picks Selena up and she goes to the couch near the bar. She lays her down and plays peek-a-boo with her. There are Mayans and Sons are in the bar room but Hollis isn't scared of them. Tara got a death threat, that's why she's here, as well as patching up Alvarez.

"I'm with Ope!" Bobby calls out before leaving with Opie.

Selena kicks her legs in excitement.

"Aye, lass, call Laroy," Chibs says. "Jax needs backup." He tells her the where and she makes the call.

"Hey, little lady," Laroy greets as Tanya, one of their ladies, sucks him off.

"Hey, Jax Teller needs some back up," Hollis says.

"Text me the where," Laroy says and ends the fall.

Hollis texts him and she returns her focus on a happy baby. Chibs smiles at the pair as Tig walks over to them.

"Hey, Rafi, Pedro," Hollis greets the guys.

"Hola, hermosa," Rafi greets with a smirk.

Hollis waves him off and the guys chuckle as Chucky goes to tell them that sheriff Roosevelt is outside looking for Tara. Chibs, Juice, and Gemma follow her out. And Roosevelt tells Juice to follow him for a piss test. Hollis goes in to see Alvarez after leaving the baby with Chucky as the Sons leave.

"Hey, Marcus."

Hollis helps him sit up. "You good?" She asks.

Alvarez nods and he smiled at her wrist. "Still wearing the rosary?"

"Yeah," Hollis replies. "I like it, Marcus. It's pretty."

"I'm assuming you checked it."

"Obviously, I'm Happy Lowman's wife," Hollis replies and Alvarez smirks.

"True enough," he replies. "My wife and daughter safe?"

"Yeah, they're protected," Hollis answers reassuringly. "I won't let anything happen to them."

"I know," Alvarez replies as he grabs her hand. "I trust you, Hollis."

Hollis smiles at him.
☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Alvarez sits in the Sons' bar room with Selena in his lap. Hollis's gang members bring Chana and Luisa to the clubhouse. Selena is playing with a small Mexican doll Alvarez had someone make her a while back but he gave it to her a minute ago.