Chapter Nine

Hollis wakes up in the middle of the night to Axel barking and growling. Holly goes to her living room with a knife she keeps by her bed in case Weston breaks in again, and she finds Happy.

"You told me I could just walk in and told me where the key was," he rasps before kneeling down and letting Axel get his scent. The Staffordshire bull terrier puppy starts licking Happy. "Didn't wanna sleep at home."

"You can lay with me," Hollis offers.

Happy nods and he grabs her face, pulling Hollis closely against him. He has her riding his lap, stark naked, after about thirty minutes and his burner phone rings. He grabs it and Hollis continues riding.

"Yeah?" He rasps.

"Need you at the table in Tacoma by tonight," the Tacoma president says.

"Be there soon."

Happy moves to where he has Hollis bent over the couch arm and he rams into her. The tightness almost sends him over the edge. He's able to hold on until she releases and he does into the condom. He kisses her back before getting dressed and leaving.

Hollis walks to the bathroom on wobbly legs and she takes a shower.
☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Holly does some grocery shopping. She hopes that Axel doesn't make too much of a mess while she's gone to the store in town. She's wearing some toga pants, a grey t-shirt with a v neck and some converse low tops, with a bra and push-up bra matching set. Her hair is in a side braid. She's comfy.

She passes by Deputy-Chief Hale but doesn't bother to talk to him. Hollis continues getting her groceries and she pays for her food. She drives back home and she brings her groceries inside. Holly puts them all away when she lets Tig enter.

"I'm making tacos, sit and you can eat," Hollis says and Tig obliges.
☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Tig had to go the next morning after sleeping on Holly's couch to church. Holly stayed home to take care of Axel and enjoy home as much as she can.