Chapter 60 | Upper levels

Still (Y/N)'s POV
"Found you..." I muttered, my voice silent in comparison to the music of the nightclub. As the eight security guards seemingly marched together, I saw that in the middle was the girl from the alleyway. She was trying to shove one of the guards out of her way, and since her white dress and blonde hair contrasted with the black security uniforms it became easy to spot her amongst the densely populated room. I followed behind at a steady pace, however as they got to the edge of the room, they passed through some velvet rope and entered a door that was behind it. My brow furrowed as I saw two guards break off from the rest, turning back to the room and guarding the door I needed to get through. Grunting in frustration, I decided to walk over to the bar to get a different view of the floor. Since the bar was on the opposite side of the room, I took my time walking over as I did my best to note where all the guards were, paths I could take to the door, and any other key information that could get me behind that rope. It didn't take me long to get over to the bar, so upon arriving I turned back towards the floor and leant against the bar as I did my best to formulate a plan.

'It doesn't seem like the guards plan to move anytime soon' I noted, looking around to see every guard dotted around the room stood still with their arms folded. 'Unless, of course, there's a commotion...' I noted, watching two of the guards against the right wall move to go 'talk' to a pair of guys who were getting a tad too physical. I watched as my path across the dance floor became inaccessible, as the DJ started playing a different song which suddenly caused people to pile onto the flashing neon tiles. 'Well there goes that path...' I groaned, knowing that my only other way to the other side was by obviously walking around the dance floor. I stared out into the dance floor for a few seconds longer before an idea sprung to mind. 'It's risky, but I'll have to try it' I thought, pushing off the bar and walking towards the dance floor.

On my way over to the dance floor, I snagged someone's unattended drink off of the dance wall. 'This'll work' I thought, looking down to see that the clear and bubbly drink was just over half full. Stepping onto the dance floor, I looked out for someone who would 'help' in setting my current plan into motion. It took a minute to nudge my way through most of the crowd, as if trying not to spill the drink amongst the flailing crowd wasn't hard enough, the fact that numerous people were trying to grab a hold of me only made things that much harder. I didn't do much more than shrug these people off, since it didn't seem like there were any foul intentions. If anything, it seemed like they noticed that I was alone and tried to get me within their circles - something that made me rather happy. As I proceeded to make my way across the dance floor, I managed to finally come across who I was hoping for: a pair of assholes who'd already had too much to drink.

These two guys had their backs to each other, seemingly trying to flirt with a circle of girls each. Taking note of their demeanour and balance, it was pretty obvious that they were both a drink or two away from passing out. I had initially tried to get past them, but when I tried to squeeze through the gap between them I was met with a quick and aggressive shove from the both of them. 'Can't say they didn't start it' I thought smugly, leaning back and smiling upon seeing that they both had empty cups in their hands. I tapped them both on the shoulder simultaneously, before swiftly tossing my drink above them both as they turned around to face one another. Shortly before they had fully turned around, they were both soaked in what smelled to be vodka and lemonade. I was only a few steps away before the two immediately swung for each other, evidently in a drunken state of rage and embarrassment.

"Oh-ho shit!" The DJ exclaimed into his microphone. "We got some drama over here!" He added, clearly having a great time himself. A circle quickly formed around the two fighters, and in doing so I slipped away as most of the security guards rushed over. Upon leaving the dance floor, I looked around to see I was over on the side of the room I wanted to be. I glanced over at the door to see there was only one guard in front, watching him through my peripherals as I moved out of the way of the other who rushed over to try and split the crowd. With a small chuckle under the noise of everybody and the music, I turned my attention to the remaining guard in my way. He had certainly lost his previous stoicism, since despite him remaining by the door he was leaning left and right - standing away from the velvet rope as he most likely tried to catch at least a glimpse of the fight. "Oh shit! Yo he beatin' yo ass, dawg!" The DJ exclaimed, much to this disgruntled doorman's displeasure.
'This could work' I thought, hearing the DJ's random commentary over the music and trying not to laugh.