Part 49

Jennie's POV

I was supposed to go home today because I am done already with my duty here but something's change suddenly. So, I don't have a choice but to stay here for one night. I wanted to surprise Lisa and Liam but maybe I'll just do that tomorrow or maybe I'll try to finish all the paper works that's left for me tonight. So, I can drive back home even it's late. I just wanted to wake up next to Lisa and Liam tomorrow. They can easily take my tirediness away just by seeing them. I'm sure ever since I went here they're sleeping together.

I let Seulgi left the office by lunch time and asked her to visit Lisa in our house. Because Lisa told me last night that she won't go to work today and will just stay home for Liam's movie day. I am not that possesive to ask my friend to watch her, it's just that I wanted to be sure that she's okay and safe because of what happened and what I knew from our last trip. Since, Seulgi updated me already and sent me a picture with Lisa a while ago, I felt at ease. She even told me that she's going to join them watching a movie while waiting for Irene to arrive at our house.

The Architect called me to check some part of the site because my partner here asked for some changes. I left with him and go to some area where he wanted to change the concept. The Engineer and Architect told me that the changes my partner wants is complicated and asked my approval not to follow him. Since, my partner left me here at lunch time because he told me that he has an important meeting with his investors in the city, I decided on my own and follow the Architect and the Engineer so they can still go on with work.

As I am talking with my workers, I look for my phone in my pockets but unfortunately I left it inside the office. I wanted to check if my friend updated me or send me some pictures of Lisa and Liam. I have no choice but to wait after I'm done talking with my workers and check the site. While talking I heard someone calling my name.

"Ms. Kim! Ms. Kim!" One of the employees inside the office called me and stop in front of me.

"Yes? You need anything?" I replied asking the employee.

"No ms. Kim but you're phone keeps on ringing maybe it's important." She replied to me.

"Did you bring my phone?" I asked and extended my hand in front of her.

"I'm sorry ms. Kim. I don't want to touch your things without your permission." She said giving me sign of respect for my privacy.

"It's okay, I understand." I replied. I excused myself and start walking to the office with thw employee.

"Did you see who's calling me? If ever you looked at my phone." I asked her.

"I'm sorry again but I didn't look at your phone too." She replied looking down while walking.

"Hey, it's okay." I said and tap her shoulder. She just nod and smile at me.

As I am going near to the office, I don't know I felt something's off with calls I got. I am a busy person and a CEO but I don't usually get calls a lot. They all know how busy I am to answer calls that's why I always get an emails or texts. I only call Lisa a lot ever since I knew her. When we enter the office, I immediately check my phone to see who called me. Only to see a lot of misscalls from my parents and my friends except Seulgi, it felt weird.

I dialed back my father first but he didn't answer. I tried to dial my mom's but I got the same, no response. I tried to call Seulgi even though I didn't receive a miss call from her but her phone didn't ring, it's out of reach, I frowned. Then I decided to call Jisoo instead.

"God Jennie! Finally! You answered your phone!" Jisoo welcomed me with her frustrations.

"Hey Chu, calm down." I replied calming her.