// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part thirty-one

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n huffed as she glared at Lord Beerus, her vision beginning to double. Despite the fact that Whis had healed her, she was still running on reserve energy, and wouldn't last more than a few moments. Beerus smirked, gesturing his hand for her to come at him. Y/n clenched her fist, getting into a fighting pose, as if she had known martial arts her whole life. Her hair spiked wildly as she grinned, letting out a yell as she flew at him.

Lord Beerus's eyes widened as suddenly, she was right before him, her fist smashed right into his face. He flew backward, right off the yacht, into the air. Y/n charged right at him, flying as if she hadn't just flown for the very first time recently. She was fast, faster than any mortal they'd ever seen. But that was just thanks to Saffa's powers.

"Wh-What happened to Y/n?" Gohan stuttered, both amazed and disturbed that she was fighting flawlessly, and with a God of Destruction to boot. Whis chuckled, looking down at the disturbed group of Saiyans, wondering how a human had surpassed them in power with no effort.

"Y/n's using her past life, Saffa's powers. The reason I suggested Y/n to fight Lord Beerus was not only because he was getting impatient, but because she needs to gain control of her powers. Right now, Y/n's heart is full of sadness and doubt. When the dragon said it needs to be a pure hearted Saiyan, he didn't mean evil, he meant clear of any doubt. And until Y/n can clear her head, she can't perform the ritual so somebody else can fight," Whis explained. Vegeta scoffed, throwing his arms out in frustration.

"You mean to tell me she's just venting!? She's that pissed and whiny!?" Vegeta exclaimed, to which Whis furrowed his brows.

"That is a dumbed down explanation, yes... But judging from her past memories, it's more than that. She's just fighting because she cares about you, and failed to protect the man she loved in her past life." Whis said, glancing over at Goku and Gohan with a smile. Whis had seen all of Y/n's memories with her, and knew exactly what Y/n was feeling. Gohan blushed as he looked down, embarrassed, while Goku suddenly let out a loud cheer, cheering Y/n on.

"Go, Y/n! You're so strong, I believe in you!" Goku yelled, surprising Gohan as he looked over at his father. He huffed, squinting his eyes at Goku, who didn't notice or even register his son's presence. Y/n looked back to Goku in surprise, her bright yellow eyes throwing Goku off as she formed a small smile, giving him a shaky thumbs up.

"Stop getting distracted, you're fighting me!" Lord Beerus yelled as he threw his fist, Y/n's eyes widening as she caught his fist right before he hit her in the gut. She swung her leg up, kicking Beerus in the jaw, before grabbing him by his shoulders. Y/n let out a yell of frustration as she pushed him downward with all her strength, pushing him under the surface of the ocean.

Beerus shoved Y/n back, blasting a bright purple orb of energy at her. Unable to dodge, Y/n squeezed her eyes shut as she took the hit, the shock wave of the blast blowing up out of the water, surprising the others. Gohan gasped as he rushed up to the edge of the boat, looking over into the water.

"Y/n!" He called out, trying to spot her. Beerus suddenly resurfaced, floating upward. Gohan flinched as he watched the sphynx cat rise, his eyes widening as he realized what was in his hand. He held Y/n up by her shirt, the girl barely conscious.

"She's not a half-bad fighter, but she has no idea how to use her power." Beerus tossed Y/n down, Gohan rushing to catch her. Gohan hesitantly glared at him, unsure of what the God had planned. "She probably can't even stand on her own two feet anymore. Perform the ritual so I can fight the real deal."