Staying

Elvira POV

Sammy, Kenji, and I were in a snow mobile, I was driving, because I'm the only one that can actually drive. 

"Are you sure you turned the heat on?" Kenji asks for the millionth time.

I sigh, "Yes, Kenji. Just...imagine you're in a hot tub."

Damnit now I'm thinking of JJ Maybank.

"Woah. What in the world is that thing?" I stop the "car", looking at the dinosaur we had just seen, watching as Mae gets out of her mobile. 

"Pierce?" I hear her call the dinosaur, which had just fallen over, making everyone get out of their vehicles and walk over to her.

"He's gone into hypothermic shock. I have to move him out of here somehow...or he'll die." Mae says.

"What about the supply plane? It'll be here in less than an hour." Yaz speaks up.

"Yaz is right. You guys take the gliders-"okay so that's what those things are called, "—and keep going. I'll figure out way to get pierce back into the biom he belongs."

"You can't move a four thousand pound Dinosaur by yourself." Darius demand.

"How about some of us go and stall the plane, and the rest of us stay back to help?" Brooklynn suggests. 

"The only way we'll move a dinosaur that big is if we all help. If we're gonna save him, we all have to help. We're in." Darius tells Mae.

"Sure. I'm not gonna let manticore hurt one more creature." Sammy says.

"Yeah. I'm not gonna let something like this happen to bumpy." Ben says.

"We may be on another freezing Dino island, freezing our butts off in an arctic biom, but we're still Camp Cretaceous." Brooklynn speaks.

"We got you, doc." Yaz says.

I exhale, annoyed we aren't going home, I smile sadly, "Whatever it takes, yeah?"

Kenji sighs aswell, "Yeah."

"Okay," Darius cheers, "Let's do this."

Darius and Kenji had put ramps down for pierce to lay on, and we tied the gliders to it. We were driving through the arctic, when suddenly the BRADS show up again. 

"They most have an obsession with us or something." I joke, looking into the rear view mirror to see the BRAD catching up with us.

"Can you blame them?" Kenji replies, gaining a light laugh from me and Sammy. 

"We're on a frozen lake!" Sammy shouts.

"Uh...exactly how frozen is it?" Kenji leans forwards.

"Guess we'll find out, won't we?" I smile in spite of us, making Sammy punch my shoulder.

Her eyes widen "Don't say that!" 

I roll my shoulder where she hit me, "Jesus, Sammy, you hit hard."

She shrugs, "You taught me that. Well, I guess I get some of it from the ranch, I'm pretty strong from lifting and such."

In the corner of my eye, I see a BRAD land on the side of the door Yaz is in, getting ready to fire. 

"Oh my God...Yaz." I whisper, I would use my gun, but I'm afraid it'll hit Yaz or someone else. I don't need to, though, because Yaz opens the door, and launches the BRAD into the lake. 

We continue driving, making it back to the biom with the plane. 

"Go, I'll get him to his proper biom, you lot have a plane to catch." Mae ushers us out of the door.