Killed And Rescued

TW: VIOLENCE AND GUN VIOLENCE

TW: VIOLENCE AND GUN VIOLENCE. BAD PARENTS.

Elvira POV

"If they're willing to kill Big Eatie...what will they do to us to get that password?" Yaz asks, after making sure it was safe to speak.

If my dad's involved, a lot of bad things.

"A lot of things I hope you all never have to find out." I allude.

"Great. So, either we stay and face certain death..." Ben trails off.

"Or we leave the island." Brooklynn speaks softly.

There's no way Darius will—

"Brooklynn's right." Darius stands up, "We have to get to the boat."

"Really? After everything we've been through? We're just throwing in the towel and leaving the dinosaurs to fend for themselves?" Sammy asks, making us all look towards Darius.

"Listen, D, I want to leave, badly, but if we've come this far..." I shake my head, "I can handle the fighting part. I can handle Hawkes, and my dad, and the other men, easy. I just have to get past the dinosaurs. We shouldn't throw away our hard work now, is what I'm trying to say."

Darius pauses, looking deep in thought as he looks down, sighing and giving me an apologetic look, "We have to go." Darius walks down the ladder, as the rest of us glance at each other unsurely, but follow him, nonetheless.

As we walk around some, it gets cold...really, really cold. And then, out of nowhere, it hails. We start running in a different direction, only to be stopped by the Spino, so we turn around, but are faced with Toro. 

"Split up! We'll meet at the boat!" Darius yells.

Because that always ends well.

"That's a horrible idea!" I reprimand, following Darius and Kenji into the sewer, being stopped by a Pteranodon.

"That does not belong down here!" Kenji turns around, running in the other direction with me and Darius following after, unfortunately, the Pteranodon also followed, picking me up by my shoulders and flying around with me.