Music

Elvira POV

Ben's dinosaur had been taken by Kash and he had put the control chip into her. We had come up with a plan, lure Kash into the forest biome, take him to Mae's cave and lock him up. Then, Darius's BRAD-X knocks him out with the gas. I also have a plan to kill him when given the chance, but I need to run that one by the others first.

"So, can I kill him once he's been captured?" I ask everyone.

"No." Brooklynn replies, at the same time Ben says, "I'll help."

"Awesome!" I smile, sharpening my knife, "So, I was thinking. Torture him first, slowly kill him painfully, and then—"

"N-no." Kenji widens his eyes at me.

I throw my head back in annoyance, "Why not? He deserves it, anyways. Slow and painful. Like he's doing to the dinosaurs." 

"Because..." Brooklynn pauses, searching for a good excuse, "What would we do with the body?"

I scoff, "Either cut him up and feed him to one of the dinosaurs, or feed part of him to every dinosaur here."

"As much as I love that idea," Ben nods at me, "Darius will be here any minute with Kash. Let's move."

"Be careful, Ben." Brooklynn tells him, standing up from her position beside Rebel, who's her baby dinosaur. Turns out, they were in the arctic biome with us, we just never saw each other. 

"You sure you're gonna be okay on your own?" Kenji looks up from playing with Ivy.

"Oh, I'll be okay alright." Ben looks at us, looking up when he hears a screeching noise, which was pteranodons.

"I told you those things had an obsession with us! Just like Nublar!" I shout.

"Pteranodons. Why did it have to be pteranodons?" Ben looks at the sky, wide eyed.

The pteranodon flys right infront of Ben, making him fall to the ground and drop the tablet. The pteranodon picks up the tablet, flying off with it. 

"Stupid extinct bird!" I shout up to it.

Me and Kenji start running with Ivy infront us, we hide in the bushes as the pteranodons pass. 

"I'm so proud of you." Kenji puts his forehead on Ivy's, referring to her not growling and trying to attack the pteranodons. 

I laugh at the two, "I hate to break up the moment, but we need to go."

Kenji playfully glares at me, "Give the child some love." He turns to Ivy, speaking in a distorted baby-ish voice, "She's a mean mommy, she doesn't love you, no she doesn't. Tell her how mean she is."

My mouth falls open as Ivy headbuts my calf, "Ivy! I met you first!"

She chirps, as if telling me it doesn't matter.

"Am I the favorite parent, Ive's? Tell Elvira I'm the favorite." He pats her head.

"Kenji!" I scold.

"What?" He smiles innocently.

I playfully roll my eyes, "Cmon, we have to go. We have to lure Kash."

"See? She's mean, never let's us have fun." I hear Kenji whisper to Ivy.

I smile, "I can hear you, you big baby."

"Yeah yeah." He mumbles, hiding behind a rock that's was beside the waterfall, and pulling me with him.

"Just, stand there and look cute, Ivy." I tell the baby, watching Cash, Darius, and the BRAD-X run towards her.

"Cmon, cmon." Kenji lures her away from the waterfall.

We go and hide with the others—besides Ben and Darius—and wait for them to tell us if the plan worked or not. God I sure hope it did. We wait for what seems like hours, but was probably only thirty minutes, if that, when we see Darius, Ben, and...Ben's dinosaur running up the hill.

"It worked! Ben's plan worked!" Darius cheers.

We all go in for a group hug. 

"Incredible. You are all so incredible. Come here." Mae praises us, Darius running over and hugging her.

"You pulled it off, dude." Darius laughs.

"I knew your plan would work." Brooklynn smiles.

"You did amazing, Ben." I put my hand on his shoulder. I've come to see everyone here as my younger siblings, with Kenji as my boyfriend and Mae as an older sister, maybe even a mother figure. 

"Thanks, guys. I just couldn't let that jerk face keep firecracker." Ben speaks.

"I'm sorry, Firecracker?" Yaz asks him.

"Yeah. I named her." He turns to his dinosaur, who we now have a name for.

"I like It." I nod.

"Firecracker!" Sammy cheers, running over to hug the Dino, along with everyone else.

"Cute." Brooklynn laughs.

"Hey, Firecracker." Kenji pets her.

"Welcome to the Camp Fam." I smile, once again using the nickname Sammy gave us so long ago.

"Welcome to the family, Firecracker. You and Bumpy would've really gotten along. Though, by now I'm sure she's probably forgotten all about old Ben." Ben says.

"I doubt she would've forgotten you, Ben." I tell him.

"I hope not, Elvira," he turns to me, "I hope not."

"Music, anyone?" Darius asks us.

"Always. My Walkman was crushed a while back. I'm dying without music." I speak.

"No, you're just dying." Yaz retorts.

I snort, "True, true."

Darius starts playing loud, metal music, letting it ring through our ears. "BRAD, stop! Sorry, guys, Cash only has one song loaded onto this thing."

"It wasn't that bad. But it...could've been better." I say, gaining a lot of odd looks. 

"What? I like metal music. I can't wait to go home and blast some Metallica with Peter. And after we play metal, we can play some rock music. I'm thinking AC-DC, Nirvana. Oh! And I can't wait for some The Neighbourhood! And ICP!" I list, already excited for it. 

Mae laughs, "Not to worry. Just hearing Cash is locked up is music enough for my ears."

Everyone starts doing their own thing, Ben playing with firecracker, Brooklynn chilling with an asleep Rebel, Mae, Yaz, and Sammy doing something I don't know of. Me and Kenji were sitting around a tree, watching Ivy play in the grass.

"Hey, Ella?" He turns to me.

"Hm?" 

"I know we said we'd wait until the others figure out, we're dating, but could I tell Darius? I..kinda owe it to him after blowing up when Brooklynn was kidnapped, and you could've died fighting Hawkes." He explains.

"Yeah of course." I smile. "It's cute you were worried about me, us, like that."

"Thank you! And of course I was worried, Ella, you mean a lot to me." He kisses my forehead, running off with Darius.

I smile and can feel a blush creep onto my face. Peter's never going to let me live this down when he finds out.