2. SACRIFICES.

COMMENTS MAKE ME SMILE🙃❄️

*AGES SIX—SEVEN.*

DANIEL'S POV:

"Why are you crying?"

She jolted out of her thoughts and turned to see who it was. I could see the relief that caught her six year old mind when she saw it was me. No one could see her cry except me. She made this declaration after I told her that her tears were the most precious thing on earth and no peasant was allowed to see it.

I didn't say it to make her stop crying. I'm not nice. But doesn't mean I won't tell her the truth when she needs to hear it. She wasn't anyone's equal. And her tears were truly precious. I wasn't going to make her waste it on the likes of idiots such as Drake and André.

"Because Mommy said that when I grow up, I'm going to marry a boy."

"She always tells you that Chloé." I rolled my eyes. I wasn't a fan of her parents. Although I had just known her for just the final year of Kindergarten, I knew a lot of things about her. I didn't like the way her mom treated Chloé. As for her father, I didn't like the fact he was almost closer to Chloé more than I was to her. I wanted to be her one and only. But she was so obsessed with her 'Daddy', it made me very jealous. But I wasn't going to let her know that. What if she makes fun of me? We were in the waiting area, waiting for us to be picked up but it was already an hour after school closed and almost everyone had already gone home. "What did you say?"

"I told her that I'll m—marry Daddy since he's a boy. But she said I can't marry Daddy." I sobbed and hugged him.

"Why do you want to marry your father?" I tried to keep my cool. She really thinks I'll let her marry her father and let him take her away from me? Fat chance old man.

"Because he's Daddy." I looked up to my minion's face.

"You can't marry your Dad, your mom has married him."

"Then let her go away!"

"Marry me." I slipped out.

She stared at me like as if I had gone mad. "You?" She shifted away from my chest.

"Yes."

"Then who will be my minion?!"

"I'll still be your minion and your Husband." I shifted closer to her. "Let's get married NOW."

"But how will we do that? Don't we need a Priest? Mommy said I'll get married in a Catholic Church."

"My Mom got married to my Dad in the subway station." A kid bursted out of nowhere and made Chloé scream.

"Don't scare her." I held my future wife's hand.

"Your Mom got married in a subway station?" Chloé's mouth dropped.

"I can get you guys married right now in fact! I'm gonna be a pastor when I grow up! Hi! My name's Caden."

Chloé looked at me with fear. She knew what I was about to make her and I do. For the first time in a while, I smiled in public with genuine happiness. I'm going to marry Chloé.