53. BURDENS.

doh! go check out little miss petty's spotify playlist to listen while reading❄️

COMMENTS MAKE ME SMILE🙃❄️

CHLOÉ'S P.O.V:

There he stood, looking at me as though he had just seen a real life ghost. I wouldn't blame him, nor attack him for it. I mean I was literally doing the same thing too. It's not like he came back from the dead and now he was here. No, but still, it had been years since we saw or talked. He discarded me for her and I discarded him for him. We didn't bother contacting each other because it was not like we liked each other or anything. We didn't. Our relationship was based on compromise and nothing else. There wasn't even a friendship between the two of us to begin with.

Tequila was just five years old, so she wasn't even aware of the tension that was happening between her Father and I. It would have been better if it were sexual tension or that we were long lost lovers. The tension that took place was far worse and intense. André and I had animosity between ourselves, so seeing each other again slowly made our brains remember everything.

But in a very awkward way.

Tequila obliviously kept on ranting about how she and I talked for hours and hours. If it were another situation, I would blush at the fact that a child from the upcoming generation saw me as 'cool'...well she did call me crazy. But moving on, this was not the time for blushing. A demon from a very gut wrenching time of my life was back. Just seeing his presence made me think of the possibilities of seeing the rest. I knew it was a mistake coming back to Los Angeles. Paris was my haven, not this fake city filled with all of them.

❄️

"You seem stiffened up." He came to me at the pool side.

I tightened my grip on the mug. "What made you think that?" I said as I stared at the pool.

He gently sat at the pool chair at my left as I gazed at the eight feet pool that was currently being cleaned. "Well, your quietness during the breakfast and the look you gave me right before it, gave you out."

I decided not to answer him. "Since when did you start being friends with Alexis? You barely spoke to her back in High School." I crossed my legs and took a sip of the coffee. "And now you're at her house."

"I came to pick up my daughter. Alexis normally invites me for dinner or breakfast ever since she married my Grandfather's friend. Plus my princess appears to be friends with her stepchildren."

"Soo..." I breathed. "You have a kid."

"And you're back in town." He looked at me. André had bulked up, but not too much. He was every girl's dreams back in R.A.A, well, except mine. And now, he had a more pronounced facial features, with a stronger jawline. His voice had become even more resonant. He was certainly playing the hot C.E.O's son very well. I could only imagine how many girls were envious of Gabriella.

"How do you know that I left?" I stared at him.

"I'm not as self-absorbed as you. Although I know I don't show it. I know you have been in Paris for six...seven years now." He heaved a sigh as he gently touched his right arm. He tried stretching it a little bit ended up hurting himself.