Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ahana

Finally, it is D-day, the day to decide on the future of my career in the fashion world, since the continuation of my remote work for this group will totally depend on this project's success. Recently, I got to know about the other projects that are going to take place in Paris. Mira told me if today's project is a success, they might ask me to be a part of the Paris team too. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I used to be a romantic person, but I don't know where I stand right now after the heartbreaking truth I got to know very recently.

Trying to focus on the main event that would take place in the morning, and somehow, I clicked my panic button after overthinking everything, so here I am on the balcony of my apartment listening to some bhakti songs and breathing with every beat of them. Just hope everything will go fine.

I could not sleep properly due to my anxiety, so here I am trying to soothe my puffy eyes and try not to look like a walking zombie.

Damn, if I got late today, I am going to throw myself in the middle of Mumbai traffic.

I got ready on time with some miracle, but I created a whole mess in the room. Wearing a beautiful knee-length black dress, which I paired with black stilettos some minimal rings, and a Korean-style earring, how can I forget my waist-length hair which I kept open looking like a desi Rapunzel, and did I forget to tell you that this dress is also designed by yours lovely yes that's right it's none other than me.

After hopping into a cab, I texted Mira since she was coming to receive on the front for some reason, I am not aware of yet.

Gladly, today's traffic was much less than any other day, so I am glad I reached before time, and there she is my lovely friend Mira waiting for me like it was my wedding day, and she was my bridesmaid. She is also wearing a dress that I designed for one of my friends from my neighborhood back then, and my god she is looking so pretty.

"Hello pretty lady, look at you looking like a shining star, might get your moon today," I said with a wink.

"Hello to you too, looking beautiful as always" she replied very shyly

"Ok, beautiful, now tell me why are we here and where are you taking me"

"Ahh...about that..." she is hesitant to speak and that makes me worried did I do something wrong

"What is it, Mira, you are making me worried"

"Youneedtowalkwithmr. malhotraontheramptoday," she said everything in one breathes and I couldn't catch a single word

"Can you speak clearly? I didn't get your point."

"What she is trying to say is you need to walk on the ramp with my brother today" Suddenly Aryaan spoke from behind. I didn't notice him before and I realized we were in the CEO's vanity, I guess I was walking without looking.

"What do you mean?" I was afraid that it would be the lie of the century that I was terrified beyond my words to explain.

"The meaning is very simple Ahana, you are the designer of the whole thing and he is the CEO of the whole you need to walk on the stage presenting yourself that's it, as simple as that"

It is not as simple as that; it is not, how can it be?

"No, that's not what we decided, when did the plan get changed, he was going to walk with the model that we selected"

"Yes! That's what we decided babe, but according to Mr. Malhotra, you can be a good show stopper than her"

"Why, how" I asked pacing around the room

"I know you are panicked right now, but yesterday during practice the model was doing well so Mr. Malhotra decided that she couldn't be our show stopper, and it's best if the designer walked alongside him"

"What's the problem with walking with him, is there any problem with that?" Aryaan asked, raising an eyebrow like I was hiding some dark secrets of mine.

"No it's not like that, I just don't like the media attention, and if I walk with him then there is going to be some media attention, can he not walk with somebody else like his future fiancée or wife whatever, or whoever she is" I ramble everything

"No, I can't and I won't and she is nobody to me, you for sure are, so you will be walking with me on that damn ramp with me, are we clear Ms. Ahana?" First, I was startled when he said that, and then he came very close when he finished his speech.

I would have replied with the sarcasm I am known for, but for some reason, I let it slide and nod like a puppet.

He smiled, or I could smirk and walk away, holy, and freaking shit.

Why the hell did I agree?

Is there any reason for Ahana to walk on the ramp with Ahaan, or is it just the reason that Aryaan explained?

Update !!!

Do like, Share, and comment

Thank you for reading 💜🫰