Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Ahaan

The rage I felt after hearing about that bastard, how can someone be that inhuman, Every tear that fell from my eyes melted my stone-cold heart and pierced it.

After she dozed off on Dadi's lap we all looked at each other, Dadi gestured for me to take her to her room.

Gently I picked her in my arms and walked slowly not to wake her. She feels perfect in my arms. There is not a single doubt in my mind that she was made for me. Just me. I am a lucky bastard who is going to call her MINE. 

Her breathing is sending every kind of wrong and right emotion through my system. 

After laying her gently on the bed, I covered her with the comforter, I walked into the washroom to get a wet towel to wipe her face. 

Coming into the room, I saw she was hugging her pillow tightly, which put a smile on my face, "someone is a cuddler" I muttered to myself

Scanning her I removed the hair stand which got stuck on her cheek because of tears, wiping her face with the wet towel, she stirred a little bit.

Caressing her cheek, I promised her "He is going to pay for every tear you shed, I promise you that angel" 

Taking another look I closed her door smoothly and went back to the hall, where Dadi and Aryan were discussing something.

"What happened?"

They exchanged a look before looking at me, what are they up to now?

"I just talked to our pandit ji (priest) he will come in the morning, we can decide a date for the marriage, there is no need to delay it anymore" Dadi huffed

"But Dadi, we have to ask her, it took an emotional turmoil on her, we should..."

"I am ready, I don't have any problem with that" Ahana spoke standing at the end of the hall. I was shocked as she was sleeping when I left her. 

I stood up and walked towards her, "are you okay? was it a bad dream?"

"I am fine" she stared right into me "I don't have any problem with this marriage, do you Ahaan?"

The way my name sound on her lips, damn it does things to me, "No" I stared back to give her the assurance I know she need right now.

"OK, since everyone agreed on it, we should go to sleep, so that, we can do the engagement on the day after tomorrow and whatever date Pandit ji decides for the wedding" Dadi brushed past us "I have a lot of work to do" Dadi mumbled.

"Okay love birds, I also need my beauty sleep" Aryan came beside me and patted my shoulder, I just glared at him.

"Take care Bhabhi ji (sister-in-law)" he brushed past her

His comment made Ahana go all cherry-blushed.

"Do you want to take a walk?" she asked me already moving towards the exit, without a word I followed her

We took a seat on the swing in the garden, where we were when the wedding bomb exploded.

She was looking towards the sky, I was looking at her, and her hair was slowly falling on her face due to the wind.

Under this moonlit night, she really looked like an angel.

My angle

There was a different glow in her eyes, at this moment I just wanted to keep looking at her, wanted to take her in my arms and end her pain.

Still staring at the sky, "Do you think our parents met there and are now talking about us?"

Her question broke whatever trance I was in, "I would like to think that way"

"What do you expect from me as your wife?" her question threw me off guard.

"I...I...I don't know" she didn't speak so she was waiting for my answer "Honestly I hadn't given this idea much thought before, but when I think about it, I want a relationship like my grandparents, as you are already aware that my parents passed away when I was just a child, so while growing up I saw my grandparents, so they are the role model of the marriage for me"

She smiled, which didn't reach her eye, the pain was evident in her eyes, "I didn't have any role model you know, but I can assure you, I will be good to everybody"

Her reaction fazed me, "You don't need to assure me of that, you are good Ahana as you are"

"Is there anything else you expect from your wife" Her focus is still on the twinkling stars

"Look at me" I commanded

She ignored it, so putting my hand under her chin I made her, and when her eyes met mine, the vulnerability in those eyes, dug a hole inside my heart, taking a deep breath I stared at her beautiful orbs

"you just have to be yourself, not pretending to be okay, you need to tell us upfront if you don't like anything, and you need to be straightforward with our bullshits, it's a new step for both of us, I am as nervous as you are, but I believe we can deal with whatever comes in our way together, if we trust each other, the only thing I expect from you is trust, so..." clasping our hand "will you trust me, Ahana?"

She stared and stared a tear fell, I wiped it gently, another tear and then another, I collected her in my arms, "You don't have to trust me now, it's a process, we are in this together" I caressed her hair.

"You won't leave me..." her question would have offended me if I wasn't aware of where is this coming from

"No" Without a second delay, I answered her

"Okay," She stayed there. We kept listening to each other heartbeats. 

"I think we should go inside" she mumbled

"Let's go" I pulled her up and led her inside. 

Update!!Like and commentThanks for reading💜🫰