Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Ahana

"This is delicious Dadi"

"You are saying this after every food you test Ahana" a mouth full of mango ice cream Aryan tried to say

"Because everything is delicious" Putting another spoon in my mouth I said

"I have already packed this ice cream for you, beta" Dadi smiled

"No, Dadi this is enough" I tried to refuse it politely

"Anyway, do you know Ahana, who made this ice cream," Aryan asked raising an eyebrow

"Dadi, of course" With a DUH face I replied

"No, it's not Dadi, It's Bhai who made it, isn't that right bhai?" there is this mischievous smirk on his face when he looks at Ahaan.

"Yeah, so, I always made it" With a straight face and cold voice Ahaan replied

"Yeah sure" Aryan shook his head in no while looking at me

After finishing the ice cream, we went to the living area where everybody sat, Dadi beside me and those two in front of me.

"So, you are from Delhi, beta"

"Ji, Dadi"

"You know you look quite similar to someone I used to know," Dadi asked, there was this sadness in her eyes

"Ooh!" this is the only thing That I could reply with

"If you don't mind, May I know the name of your mother?" she asked. There is this hope in her eyes this time.

"Divya"

"Divya Kapoor," Dadi asked

"Yes, but how do you know her full name, I have never seen her using it," I asked there were a lot of questions that were running through my head right now

"Because I know her maybe when she was using it" she replied with happiness in her voice, I guess she got reminded of some beautiful moments of her life.

"Dadi, how do you know her?"

"How is she?" Dadi asked ignoring my question

I hesitated for a moment, but I controlled myself "She is no more"

"What?" horror was visible on her face

"Yes, last year she ..." I didn't have me in to say the word, I avoided this word like a plague.

Dadi hugged me tight, it's ok beta, everything is going to be okay. When she wiped my cheek with her shaky hands, I realized I was crying, and when I looked at her, she was crying too, we hugged each other for a while without saying anything.

"Here" with two glasses of water Ahaan and Aryan came which made me realize they were in the room too.

After a moment of silence, Ahaan asked, "How do you know her mother Dadi?"

"She was the best friend of your parents"

Dadi's words made me realize that I had not seen or heard about his parents

"Parents?" I asked

"Yes beta, they are also no more they died in a car accident 20 years ago" tears streaming down her cheeks

"I didn't know about anything" but then I realized Mumma always used to talk about her two friends.

"They used to be very good friends" Dadi replied sobbing

"Are you talking about Kartik and Anika, Dadi"

"Yes them"

"I remember, she used to talk about them with so much adoration and love in her eyes and about I guess Ahaan also"

"Yes, she met, Ahaan, she came for his 3rd birthday party, and after that, we never heard anything from her, like she disappeared in the air"

"What?"

"Yes, that was the last time we saw her"

"Why would she do that" I asked myself mostly

"How old are you Ahana," Dadi asked and I knew something was wrong here only

"Why Dadi"

"Nothing just asking" She perfectly masked everything on her face a moment ago.

"25, Dadi"

"Is there something that you would like to tell me, that you got know from your mother"

"The only thing that I got to know from my mother before she died, is that my father was not the man she thought he was"

"Do you know who your father is?"

"No, she never told me his name, never before, even when she used to say nice things about him"

"Have you ever seen your father; how does he look like"

"No, she didn't have any pictures of him, and even when I tried to draw him, it was never perfect, and lately she started giving me a wrong description of him, which I noticed, and just after that she told me he cheated on her, I was shocked to know that, because I remember perfectly once she told me he died in a car accident, and after so many years, she told me he is alive"

"What?" Aryan's voice made me look at him

"Yes, that's what she told me "A tear rolled down my cheek.

Dadi hugged me "Don't cry beta, we are here for you".

"Nobody knows who my father was, not even his name, I can't even imagine what my mother went through after she got to know about the cheating of the person who she thought died, she was so in love with him that she never told his name to her family not even when her father threatened her, how can a person can be so cruel to her Dadi, she never ill-mouthed about anyone in her life never once thought bad about anyone, not even her relatives taunt her for having me" everything that happened all these years played like slideshow in front of my eyes.

For a moment I forgot that Ahaan and Aryan were in the room also, "I am really sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the beautiful moment, it's just not that long since I lost her, I am really sorry", I sighed

Dadi held my hand in her and squeezed tightly, "We are family beta, family are there to share pain and happiness, aren't they"

"Ji, Dadi"

Nobody asked me anything else after that, we just there chit-chatted about random things, I was so busy looking at the flowers in the garden that I didn't even realize that both of them left, it's just me and Dadi and she was looking at me with concern and love, which wants me to hold her and her, only one person looked at me with such love other than my MUMMA, that is my Nani.

"I should leave Dadi, I have to leave the day after tomorrow, I need to pack, and you should also take a rest"

"Ok, let me call Ahaan, he will drop you"

"It's ok Dadi, I can take a taxi or I will take a cab, he must be working, don't bother him"

"Shut up, he will do what I will tell, he may be the boss of the company, but here I am the boss" Smiling she called Ahaan

"Yes boss" I teased her with a salute.

Another Update!!!

Do like, share, and comment.

Thank you for reading. 💜🫰