Chapter 72

Chapter 72

Ahaan

"We got him to a secluded place on the outskirts of the city." Relief washed over me so intense it almost knocked the wind out of me. "Okay, Uncle I will be there. Send me the address." I sighed with excitement. My thoughts are filled with every way I am going torture him for every tear My wife shed because of him.

"Don't worry son. I will handle everything." he ended the call. I know what he meant by that.

I can't tell how good I am feeling right now. I could teleport myself right there and torture him to my heart's content.

I called Reyaan, to fill him in on the good news. The moment idiot picked the call he barked, "What?"

"Is this a way to say hello to your friend who is about to give you good news?"

"What good news. Are you going to be a father?" He sound bored but I know him better than that.

His question sidetracked my mind to a different zone. I can practically feel the happiness of being a parent. I know Ahana is going to be the best mother for our children. Dadi will be over the moon. I can picture myself as a father playing with our children in the garden. 

This emotion is raw and new. I never thought about getting married and now I am thinking of a family, not a child but children. Damn! Angel, You are the best.

"If your day-dreaming session is over, can you speak fast why did you call? Someone has actual work to do." His voice broke my beautiful trance.

snickering at his tone I spoke, "Uncle Verma got Rana and took him to a secluded place. He sends me the address."

"That's the best thing I have heard today?" some of the irritation vanished from his tone.

"I know, right? I called you to ask, if would you like to join me for the fun part. But someone was in a mood today." He knows what I mean from the fun part. I continued, "I will be having all the fun today. You can sulk for whatever reason you were sulking."

"Dare you to have all the fun all alone. I will be there, send me the address." he ended the call and I laughed. Someone really pissed him off which is new.

Just as I was about to leave for the place Uncle Verma told me, my phone rang again. It was Dadi. A knot of worry formed in my stomach. "Beta, ek baat kahni thi," her voice, usually strong and vibrant, was hesitant.

"Beta, ek baat kahni thi,"- "Son, I wanted to say something,"

"Kahiye Dadi," I assured her, the weight of her unspoken words hanging heavy in the air.

"Kahiye Dadi,"- "What is it Dadi"

A long pause followed, filled with unspoken emotions. Finally, she spoke, "Agar kabhi Rana mile na to koi bhi decision lene se phle ek baar Ahana ko jarur bta dena. Usse milna ya na milna uska decision hona chahiye. Ho sakta hai usko apne kuch sawalon ke jawab chahiye honge." 

(If you ever find Rana, you must tell Ahana before you take any decision about him. It should be her decision to meet him or not. Maybe she needs answers to some of her questions.)

The call ended, leaving me with a dilemma. A part of me, the fiercely protective part, wanted to shield Ahana from any further pain. Did she really need to face the man who abandoned her and her mother, the man who tried to take her life?

But Dadi's words resonated with truth. It was Ahana's right to choose. Denial wouldn't make the past disappear. Maybe, just maybe, a confrontation with Rana would bring her closure.

Pushing away the thoughts of squeezing the life out of Rana for now, I made my way towards My wife's office. I know I couldn't dictate her choices. My role was to be her shoulder to lean on, her rock, no matter what decision she made.

Lost in my thoughts, I reached her office door. Just then, she must've sensed my presence, because she looked up, her gaze meeting mine. A radiant smile bloomed on her face, chasing away the shadows I carried.

In that moment, I knew what I had to do. Walking in, I ignored the formalities, scooping her up in my arms and depositing her onto her desk with a soft thud. Laughter bubbled up from her lips, her eyes sparkling with playful annoyance.

Without wasting a second, I bridged the gap between us, claiming her lips in a heated kiss. The familiar warmth ignited a comforting fire within me, a stark contrast to the turmoil brewing in my soul.

As we broke apart, gasping for breath, I whispered against her lips, the echo of Dadi's words lingering in my mind. "I love you, Mrs. Malhotra," I murmured. "And I have something important to tell you."

What will be Ahana's decision?

UPDATE!!

Thank you lovelies, 🌸💐

Do like and comment 💜🫰