Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Ahaan

I was beyond annoyed, but when I looked at Ahana after what Dadi said before entering the house and saw her blushing, I swear something inside me healed and the urge to just look at her like this all pink, is phenomenal. I felt my heart flutter and my cheeks warm up. I cleared my throat and stood up slowly, my heart pounding in my chest. I could feel Ahana's eyes on me, and I knew I had to say something.

"Do you want to talk about it?" and a part of me is nervous

She cleared her throat and moved a little in her place, "what do you want to do about this?"

Instead of answering my question, she asked the question that I wanted to ask her.

"What do you think we should do?" rather than answering I asked the question

"Do you like someone?" she asked, looking at her hand which she was holding tightly together.

"No, and you?" I guess we two can play this game of questions.

She looked at me and she went wide but then again, she looked down and my heart sank and when she shook her head I felt the heaviest stone from my heart get removed.

Silence filled the space and I was thinking about how to put what I am feeling in words because even my thoughts are coherent right now. I do have to get married, after the news in Paris and then I know, Dadi is not going to back down, and now since this arrangement had a backstory to which she is emotionally related, why delay the inevitable and then I am not quite opposed to the idea of marrying Ahana and that is strange in itself.

I mean it's not the first time Dadi brought someone to meet me but this is the only time I don't get the feeling that this is going to be worse, but instead I have this feeling this is going to turn into something good.

"What kind of life partner do you want Ahana" Controlling my nervousness I asked her

"Haann..." She looked at me like I asked her how rockets are made and she looks cute when she is confused.

Did I just call her cute? damn!

"Let me rephrase it what are the qualities you want in your life partner"

"Why are you asking that?"

"Isn't it obvious Ahana" damn the way her name tasted on my tongue! I could feel it all my life.

"Ok, so we don't have any other option" She looks lost in her thought

"If you don't want then I am sure we can come up with something" Although saying this makes my heart bitter and this mixed-up emotion is confusing me

I am sure the feeling of rejection was evident on my face, she rushed to say, "No, I didn't mean it that way"

"It's ok I understand" I assured her, and was about to stand up

"Mr. Malhotra..." she called softly

"Hmm..." I looked at my hand waiting for her answer, and silence followed I thought she was not going to say anything but then

"What are your expectations from your life partner" I gaped at her

"Are you agreeing with this?"

"I guess yes, she made me feel like a family, after my mother I don't have anyone, my Nani is there but if she prefers her family instead of me, so I guess I can do this for Dadi and then if it's my mother wish, I will fulfill it without another thought"

The way she said she has no one, the sadness in her eyes punched in my gut, "Yeah if that's what our parents wanted then we will fulfill it"

"Yes"

I kept glancing at her to ask or say something but she didn't say a word, and all the questions that we asked each other were still left to answer.

"It's getting late, I think I should leave" she finally broke the silence.

"Okay let's go inside" I followed her inside

Update !!!Do like, Share, and commentThank you for reading💜