Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ahaan

I slept all the way to India, it was like I was sleep deprived which I was, the moment I got that news of marriage, I needed to work this faster than before so that I could deal with Rana's problem, which led me to more sleep deprivation and there is this voice which I heard when I was on the phone with Mira, which started haunting me in my dreams these days, damn her voice was like coated with honey, it was not all sweet like sugar but a little bit bitter as natural honey taste, it feels like I can taste her voice on my tongue.

Collecting my luggage, I came out of the airport to see my brother waiting for me, man! I missed him so much.

"Hello, kiddo!" I hugged him, teasing him knowing he hated it when I called him kiddo.

"Hello to you too big brother, and I am not a kiddo anymore I am twenty-four, the last I remember"

"Oh! How silly of me, it's been so long since I saw you that I forgot that the last time I saw it was not you in your diaper" Although it's been just a few months I love teasing him.

He looked irritated but when I laughed, he started smiling

"You are only getting away after this diaper comment because you are my cutie-pie brother and I love you" Did he just call me cutie-pie, damn for his comeback

"And you got away with cutie-pie because you are my kiddo" Only two people can see this side of mine one is my baby brother and another is my super Dadi.

I was looking outside of the car, I needed to be with my grandmother for two days, strict orders from the supreme court herself, a smile crept on my face remembering how strictly she was trying to say "If you do not come home for days and went direct to work, I will disown you" she just couldn't hide her smile, my Dadi is sweetest.

I still remember how she used to cook for us during summer vacation and how happy and content she was when she was on the flight for the first time looking over to the cloud like she could just feel it with her hand the way she placed her hands on the window almost all the time. She is a drama queen when she wants to be a super cute Dadi, and the only time I do not find her drama queen behavior cute is when she starts talking about marriage.

By marriage, I remember the shit show Rana created in the media. I am sure Dadi also got to know about it. Let us see how she reacts to the news. I just hope she just didn't put her in one of her suitable partner lists that she is making these days.

The soft breeze hit my face, and immediately I was out of the world I was in. I do not remember how many times both Aryan and I tried to convince Dadi to shift with us. After all, she is our Dadi, stubborn as hell, so she still lives in the village house, which looks like a small villa to me after the renovation has been completed.

I got out of the car to see Dadi standing right there with the puja ki thali like she was welcoming her new daughter-in-law, not her own grandson.

I touched her feet first and then hugged her tightly "I missed you, Dadi"

"I missed you too Mera bacha," she said on the verge of crying.

Why are tears in your eyes? Pushpa, you know, I hate tears. Pushpa, my grandmother's name is Pushpa, and, as far as I remember, my grandfather used to tease her a lot.

"Are you calling your Dadi by name?" She slapped me on the shoulder'.

"Any way where are your bride and my daughter-in-law"

"Which daughter- in- law Dadi"

"Yes, bhai where is my Bhabhi" he also joined the group of Dadi

"Guys, what are you talking about?" for a moment I actually forgot about Rana and his media shit show

"Dadi that is not something you should joke about"

"Why, I am sure the girl looks nice as per the media" The face she made is comical, Dadi is a people detector she will from a thousand feet of distance what kind of a person someone is.

"You know looks are not something that defines a person she is a spoiled brat, doesn't know how to talk to people in general, forget about let's not talk about a stressful thing here"

"Ahh! What a waste for me waiting with puja ki thali then, anyway since I already have it, why don't I do it for you," she says dramatically

"We all know this thing was for me only, and you didn't like her stop pretending otherwise"

We all went back to the house, and I went to freshen up; when I came back, the table full of food was ready for me to devour.

It has been so long since I had normal home-cooked food, I missed this so much, and its aroma makes my mouth water and my stomach grumble.

The moment the first morsel hits the taste bud, a full explosion occurs in my mouth.

I finished my food in no time, and only after that I realize I am so full I probably couldn't walk right now "Dadi you are the best cook in the whole world, I am also a good cook but can't beat yours" I said dramatically

Dadi shrugged my comment like I was not even there, the drama queen.

After dinner and a little chit-chat, we all went to our respective rooms, and then all the memories hit me like a tsunami, just like every other time I am in this house.

What memories did Ahaan talk about who they also belonged to?

Update !!!

Do like, Share, and comment

Thank you for reading 💜🫰