Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ahana

After tossing and turning all night I decided to stay here, it's not like someone is waiting for me in Delhi anyway, at least I have people here whom I can call friends.

I called Mira to help me with the apartments since I am staying longer than I want a house near the office. Mumbai traffic is hell.

In all this I forgot to text Ahaan to confirm that I am accepting his extension offer, I was about to text him when my phone pinged with a new message,

"Hello, this is Ahaan, I got to know that you are searching for a new apartment. If you need to know someone who is in this field, he can show you a good and safe apartment".

Yeah, I gave it a thought, it's a good opportunity so I am staying, so I want something near the office.

Yeah, I get it.

Umm. So, can you please text me that person's number, so that I can contact him? I want to move as soon as possible.

Yeah, sure here

Attached contact number

Thank you, when do I need to join again?

Next month, first get settled and let me know if you need any help

Ok, thank you

I was packing whatever I had in this apartment to move to a new one near the office.

"Hey, easy" from the bedroom I shouted when I heard the fridge door slamming sound, "It's not my property babe, the office is going to charge me for that"

"Sorry" Mira murmured

"It's ok I understand" Hugging her I tried to console her, her boyfriend cheated on her after a four-fucking year of relationship.

"All men are dogs" she whispers yelled

"Indeed, they are" I couldn't agree more.

"Ahh, this is the last item to pack then we will leave, anyway, why didn't you hire a mover"

"As you can see my lord, there is not much to pack and move, why waste money" she rolled her eyes while listening to my answer.

"Yeah, whatever"

"You know, I can give you a treat from the money you are suggesting I to give to the movers" Holding my smile, I asked

"Missy, are you trying to buy me dinner and drinks" Amused she asked

"Is it working?" raising an eyebrow I asked

"Pinky promise"

Putting my index finger in her "Pinky promise, now let's go"

I was about to pick up the box but then the doorbell rang "Who can be here at this time" I groaned

"Who is it?" Mira yelled from the kitchen

"Don't shout, the stranger might think some grumpy people live here" I laughed

I saw through the peephole and found Ahaan there. I was shocked for a moment and then the doorbell rang again, opening the door hesitantly "Hello, how come you are here?"

"Who is it, babe?" Mira asked from the kitchen

"Umm...umm...It's Mr. Malhotra"

"What??" she came sprinting towards the door "Hello sir"

"Hello Mira" he was looking all over the apartment.

"Hello Ahana, Hello Mira" Aryan's lively voice came behind Ahaan

"Hello," Mira and I said together

"We came here to help you move to the new apartment," Aryan said moving his brother aside, "I hope that's fine," he asked already moving inside the apartment

"If I say no, will you leave" I asked

"Nope" he pooped the word out

"Then get to work" Shaking my head I looked to my left Ahaan was standing still there, "are you ok, Mr. Malhotra"

"Yeah, do you need any help here"

"Umm..." I was about to politely, since he is my no matter if our parents were best friends.

"Bhai, what are you doing there standing, come help me pick this box, what do you have in this box, oh my god! Don't tell me you have a dead body in it" He dramatically tried to sniff the box

"No, but if you don't keep quiet, I might put one in it" It was hard holding back my smile.

"Damn, your sense of humor Ahana" Aryan burst into laughter, which also makes me laugh.

"Ok, get back to work, we need to move all these, I am going to call a cab" Walking to the kitchen I said

"You don't need to; my car has a lot of space" Ahaan's stiff voice came.

"Umm...umm..." I didn't have the words to deny it politely now.

"Bhai, you pick this one, I will pick this one Ahana and Mira will carry those" Aryan gave the instruction

Without a word, Ahaan picked the box Aryan was complaining about and moved towards the door. When both brothers left the apartment, Mira came beside me. "Is Mr. Malhotra, okay?" she whispered.

"Why, what happened?"

"Naah, he is just acting a little weird these days"

"Weird, how?"

"I don't know?"

"Maybe it can be Dadi who instructed them to do so"

"Dadi..., you mean met senior Mrs. Malhotra" she whispers yelled

"Yeah, she invited me for dinner and there I... actually we got to know that our parents were best friends in college time apparently". I explained here

"That explains everything now, you lucky bish, being related to Malhotra's" She slapped my back like she was praising me for getting good marks.

"Let's move and it's nothing like that what you are thinking" Moving aside I picked up the luggage

"Yeah... yeah... it's not every day you see Mr. Malhotra as dumbfounded as he was standing here like he was feeling out of place, that person is a walking power himself"

"That he is" I couldn't agree more on that.

"What took you guys so long" Aryan met us mid-way, "ahh... nothing I was just checking one last time if there is anything left"

"Ok... ok... let's go" Taking luggage from me and Mira, he placed it in the car.

"Let's go" Aryan yelled after he made himself comfortable in the passenger seat.

"Don't make me throw you out of the car" Ahaan muttered

"Grump" Aryan muttered looking back at us, like was confirming with us and that made me smile.