Chapter 68

Chapter 68

Ahaan

The revelation hung heavy in the air like storm clouds. We sat across from Reyaan in his dimly lit office, the weight of the revelation hung heavy between us.

She sat quietly the whole way and refused to say anything. I couldn't bear the pain in her eyes, but as she refused to talk, I held her hand tightly the whole way.

Ahana took a deep breath and started reciting the whole story as much as she came to know from her mother and as much as she understood after reading from her mother's diary. By the time she finished the story, the pain in her voice at the beginning had turned into fury. Her eyes which were earlier filled with pain were now filled with anger.

I don't know how to feel right now. The revelation is like a bomb that is dropped in the middle of the crowd. Kabir Rana is her father, well we can just say sperm donor as he doesn't deserve to be called her father.

I remember the day she read the letter. She was so heartbroken, that I promised myself that day I would never let her cry. But today because of that bastard she cried. And he has to pay for her every tear and pain. And I will make sure he will pay for every tear my Angel shed because of him. 

Her grip loosened on my hand, threading our hand together she put that on my thigh. She patted once, and I didn't know how but my body coiled with tension loosened a bit. After she made sure I was calm enough for the conversation she looked at Reyaan. "Reyaan, when you said Kabir Rana came back to India, can you tell us why?" Ahana asked, her voice eerily calm.

Reyaan sighed, his weathered face etched with frustration. "That's the million-dollar question, Ahana. There's a gap in his records during that time. My best guess is it's connected to your marriage, or maybe to tie up loose ends or retrieve something he left behind."

"Or maybe," Reyaan looks to confirm what I am thinking. After a brief pause, he continued, "He is here to handle things himself because he couldn't get you to marry his daughter."

I nodded in agreement. I squeezed Ahana's hand over my thigh.

Reyaan looked at Ahana and continued, "Earlier, we all were just thinking that maybe Kabir Rana wants a better future for his daughter that's why he was desperate to get his daughter married to Ahana. But even then the thought was ridiculous" Reyaan took a deep breath, and continued, "What I am trying to say is Ahana's accident is not something we should look over. He came to India after Ahana's accident to handle things himself now. So you two should be careful. Because his motive to get his daughter married to Ahaan doesn't look that simple now."

The tension hung heavy in the air, No one spoke. Reyaan breaks the silence. Reyaan pursed his lips. "It's a possibility, but we can't rule anything out. However, acting impulsively won't help. We need a plan."

I ran a hand through my hair, frustration evident. I longed to confront Kabir Rana myself, to make him pay for the pain he inflicted on Ahana and her mother. Sensing my train of thought Ahana Squeezed my hand, "Ahaan, Reyaan's right. We need to make a solid plan. And I think we should inform the Police about this." she continued, "I do think that there is a motive behind him wanting to get his daughter married to you. The same Now I feel there was a reason he approached my mother back then. There has to be something behind his doing all this."

When I didn't reply she made me look at her and mindlessly traced her thumb over my hand, "The police need to be involved, Ahaan. We need justice, not vengeance."

My fist was tight, jaw clenched but I agreed with her. I had to I can't put her at risk. But I don't have to depend on the Police completely. I want my hand on his face and that's when a name popped into my mind, "There's Inspector Verma, my father's friend. He's a good cop, someone we can trust."

I can see that moment when hope lit up in Ahana's eyes. And damn if I wouldn't burn the world down for her if she asked.

I contacted Inspector Verma, a gruff man with a kind heart. He was also the one who handled things when my parents passed away in that tragic accident. He suspected that the accident was planned but he couldn't prove anything at that point. And then the case got closed saying it was a road accident. Neither I nor Uncle Verma believed in that but I didn't have the power then give my parents justice, however, I have the power now and I would be damned if let Kabir Rana walk out of all this chaos that he created. 

I laid out everything for him. He assured me that he'd start an investigation immediately. He'd also discreetly check on Ahana's safety. "Come to the police station tomorrow for an official FIR" I agreed and disconnected the call.

"I also want to punch the shit out of that bastard, but We have to go by the law. And then Mr. Verma is there to handle everything isn't he." The glint in his eyes explains what's needed to be. That's why we are friends even after so many years.

The road ahead would be fraught with challenges, but together, we were ready to face them. The truth, however unsettling, had set us on a path of healing and retribution.

Update!!

Thank you Lovelies, 🌸💐

Do like and comment🫰💜