Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Ahana

Dinner went well, with all happy, chatting and enjoying. Dadi announced we would leave for Paris tomorrow as Ahaan got an important call.

After dinner, we said bye to Mira and Rehaan, who will drop Mira at her home. I felt there was some tension between them. I will ask after I will come back from Paris.

I was in our room packing our luggage for tomorrow when I heard him behind me, "Do you need help?"

It took all my body control to avoid stuttering and turning back, I shook my head and started folding my clothes. He sat beside the suitcase and settled a hand on his knee, the silence broken only by the faint drumming of his fingers. Then, he cupped his face, his gaze locking onto mine with an intensity that sent shivers down my spine.

He is making me nervous. Was I expecting something else from him? I screamed at myself.  A few minutes passed, he still stared, "What are you doing?" I tried to make myself busy by putting my bangles in the bangle box.

"What am I Doing? I am just sitting, looking at my beautiful wife. Is that a crime?" He raised a brow.

Damn this man. I was about to move towards the dressing table to put things inside the bag when he roughly pulled me and I landed on his lap.

"What are you doing? Someone will come?" I tried to get off his lap. He enclosed his arm around my waist.

"Didn't they say, it's our wedding night?" He teased.

Forget my face, my whole body is on fire with his words. My heart raced against my ribcage.

"What happened Mrs. Malhotra, suddenly you are all silent" He tightened his grip around my waist, pulling me closer.

"I think we should go to sleep; we have a flight to catch tomorrow" Without meeting his eyes, I replied

"I am going to strangle him, for ruining our night" He seethed

"You know we are going to live together forever" I whispered looking at him

"Forever, Haan!" The teasing tone is back, and I hate it or love it I can't decide.

"Why, you don't want a forever with me?" Masking my emotions as much as I could, I asked.

"No one else Angle. Only you. Never forget that" The seriousness in his voice could have disappeared any doubt I would have.

As if drawn by a magnet, my fingers found their way to his cheekbone, following the curve down to his jawline, lingering for a moment on the softness of his beard before shyly retracting, "I trust you"

His fingers grasped my wrist, sending a jolt through me. A kiss brushed my skin as he turned my palm to his lips, igniting goosebumps that danced across my body. My gaze darted around the room, anywhere but where it belonged – on him.

"Let's go to sleep, else we will be late for tomorrow" When I got off his lap this time, he let me. I stood there for a minute, trying to process everything.

By the time I came into my sense he had moved the luggage from the bed, and nudged me, "Are you going to stand here all night, Mrs. Malhotra? Or are you going to sleep, or else we will get late for tomorrow" He walked towards the bed and got inside the cover.

I just stared at him. I didn't think that we would be sleeping on the same bed under the same duet. I chewed on my nails.

"Get inside the duet Ahana, before I make you" He leaned against the bed frame.

I stood there like a mannequin.

"Don't you dare think of sleeping anywhere other than this bed" he said, his voice a low growl.

With that voice, he could ask me to do anything, and I would do it. What the hell is my fascination with his voice? I move towards the bed slowly. When I was within his reach he pulled me onto the bed and pulled the covers over me, "Sleep Mrs. Malhotra, We have a flight to catch tomorrow."

We both lay on the bed looking at the ceiling. The feeling which was there when he got the phone earlier came back. After contemplating for a few minutes, I decided to ask him. "What is the urgent work, we are going for?"

When his reply didn't come, I thought either he slept or he ignored the question. I was about to turn my back to go to sleep when he spoke, "Have you seen any of the news from Paris about me?"

His question was a bit weird then I remembered the news notification that I received just before our marriage announcement, but in all this, I forgot to ask him about it.

"No, I have not followed through the news much about you in Paris, but I did receive a notification just before our marriage announcement"

"We are just going to deal with the same thing" he caressed my hair as now we are facing each other.

"What do you mean?"

Do you think the city of love can make them fall in love?

Update!!

Do like and comment on your favorite parts🫰💜

Thank you Lovelies, 💜💜💜💜🫰🫰🫰🫰