Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Ahaan

Everyone was seated on the couch silently, waiting for Pandit Ji to give us an auspicious day for the wedding. Fortunately, her kundali (horoscope chart) was there in the bag she packed before leaving Delhi and it just reached right on time, early in the morning.

Till now everything looks fine, our engagement day is tomorrow, and our kundali matches perfectly, no such issues, as per Pandit ji "in dono ki kundali bilkul aisi milti hai, jaise bilkul ek dusre ke liye hi bne ho"

"The horoscopes of these two match exactly as if they were made for each other."

It felt like hours before he said "next month 15 is a good date and if not that then you have to wait till next year January" he kept calculating something.

"Is something wrong?" Dadi asked worriedly

"As such no, but Ahana needs to be careful while driving after marriage for the next six months"

"Why?" Dadi brows furrowed

"Nothing to be worried about, just be careful," he said to Ahana

"Okay " Dadi replied robotically

"What if we get married after six months then?" I asked

"Doesn't matter, it will happen, its better if she get married now, you can save her" he stared at me

"This date is perfect for your wedding, you should consider this one" he closed his holy paper.

"Okay pandit ji, tomorrow's engagement then" Dadi stood up and went inside the kitchen

"Lijiye muh mitha kijiye, itni acchi khus khabri sunai hai aapne" Dadi forwarded a plate full of sweets towards pandit ji (priest)

"Take it, sweeten your mouth, you have told me such good happy news."

Dadi left with Pandit Ji towards the garden to discuss some details about the wedding and engagement.

"So bhai, you are getting married haan!!" Aryan poked at my arm wiggling his eyebrows.

"Thanks for telling baby brother, I didn't know that already" I imitated his action.

"You are no fun bhai, but my bhabhi is fun" he sandwiched himself between us.

"Ohhooo!!! Bhabi to sharma gyi" he teased her

"Sister-in-law got shy"

"Aryan stop teasing her, don't you have work to do?". My face felt hot, damn it, I feel hot.

"Woah, look at you bhai, all possessive, this looks suits you best" The audacity of him to pull my cheek, and before I could react he ran away.

I glared in the direction he left. This boy is all about fun. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her, her whole body flushed and damn if I don't like this look on her.

"We are really getting married," she said fidgeting

"Is this a question? Are you having a second thought?" I teased

"I don't know, I am feeling all nervous, anxious and everything but it just feels right," she said glancing at me.

"I guess if it feels right then it is right, isn't it" It feels so right that I can't even explain it in words, nothing felt this right before, the urge to hold her in front of the world, protect her, and every unfelt emotion, it's all came rushing back as it came from almost a dead volcano.

"Mira is calling, I guess it's something important I should take it," she said looking at her phone

"Yeah, okay" 

The thought of her, engulfing my heart and brain like a mother wrapping her baby in winter after a bath, it feels so fresh and warm and comforting.

This is right, she is right, and that's it, nothing matters other than that.

Update!!Like and commentThanks for reading💜🫰