Chapter 70

Chapter 70

Ahana

Weeks passed by, the silence from Kabir Rana deafening. Inspector Verma, though diligent, had hit a dead end. Rana had vanished like smoke, leaving no trace of his whereabouts. Frustration gnawed at us, the initial outrage tempered by a simmering unease now.

Every waking moment Ahaan is worried, our moments almost always get ruined by Rana's deafening silence.

One afternoon, I was in Ahaan's office sprawled beside him on the couch. I was sketching designs for our upcoming bridal collection, describing the theme inspired by vintage elegance. I felt his penetrative gaze on my lips and when I moved my head I caught him staring at my lips intently. After the accident, he is always on alert as if I would disappear even if he blinks for more than a second.

After a moment I controlled my swirling emotion and horniness and playfully swatted at him with my sketchbook. He chuckled, pulling me onto his lap in one swift movement like I weighed nothing, sending a blush creeping up my cheeks. Even after all these months of being together he still makes me blush like a teenager.

He started peppering kisses all over my neck. Laughter bubbled up in my throat as I tried to squirm free, but his strong arms held me captive. His deep baritone voice rang in my ears, "Don't Move". I stilled the moment I felt it. I can sense his smile while biting my earlobe and soothing the bite with a lick.

The kiss became intense as he moved down towards my top. In the next few moments, we were in our birth suits.

Lost in our own world, oblivious to the ticking clock, we surrendered to a stolen moment of passion. An hour later, cheeks flushed, body sweaty, and our smile will betray our recent escapade. I straightened my clothes and with a quick kiss, left for my office, the remnants of our stolen encounter lingering on my skin.

As I was walking past the lobby, I saw Mira my ever-bubbly friend now sporting a flustered expression and muttering what sounded suspiciously like curses under her breath. A bead of suspicion pricked me. I remembered seeing a similar earring on Reyaan's desk for getting information on Rana during our visit. It was a strange coincidence.

As I approached Mira, She abruptly stopped whatever she was muttering, plastered a nervous smile on her face, she greeted me with a touch of nervousness.

"Is there something that I need to know Mira?" I asked suspiciously

"Naah, It's Nothing. it's just...it's just...a bad date" She fumbled.

Mira the ever-confident girl I know fumbled and now I am not just suspicious I want to know what's going on but I guess being a good friend I have to give her some time.

"Do I need to break someone's bone?" I raised a brow

"Aha! Now Mrs. Malhotra is talking." She poked my arm and I glared at her.

"I have some work to do, call me once you decide to speak whatever is going on with you" I hugged her and left for my office to complete the designs which were left uncompleted due to my husband's insatiable needs.

The days blurred into weeks, then months. One morning, tangled in Ahaan's embrace, the shrill buzz of my phone cut through the peaceful silence. My husband's heavy hand was draped across me, unintentionally or maybe intentionally caging me. After that accident, he became too protective of me so much so that he started having nightmares that I died and left him alone in this world. With a lot of struggle and a good morning peck on his forehead, I freed one arm and fumbled for my phone.

The message icon pulsed with an unread notification. My heart hammered in my chest for some unknown reason. As I unlocked it, and clicked on the unread message. The breath caught in my throat. An image materialized on the screen – A man, with his arm wrapped around a woman, both of them radiating carefree happiness.

The first picture is a bit grainy but as I scrolled down it became crystal clear that the man in the picture is Ahaan and the woman in the picture is Rana's Daughter. Each picture depicts Ahaan and the woman in scenarios increasingly intimate.

My heart thumps inside the ribcage, my mind racing with all the possible thoughts but my body, it's numb as if it's unable to feel anything.

My mind and heart are not even in a war to prove what's right and wrong. A single tear escaped, tracing a silent path down my cheek. I don't even feel the sob that broke free.

My body jolted awake the moment Ahaan touched probably my tear-stained face. As I looked into those beautiful cinnamon eyes the storm inside me subsided.

He looked down at me confusion marrying his face, the phone was still in my hands. "Angel, what's wrong?" confusion flickered on Ahaan's face, quickly morphing into a deep sense of worry.

"Angel," he pleaded, his voice thick with concern. "Tell me what's happened. Please."

I clutched the phone tightly, the image of my husband and that woman burning into my memory. I need answers, the truth before the world that we created could crumble completely. I know my Ahaan he can't do something this cruel to me. God! he would kill for me and would take a bullet for me if needed. I don't have a single bone in my body who will not trust him.

I have faith in my relationship and our love. And now I need answers. Without answering his questions I turned the phone towards him. My heart thumped, my body shaking.

He stilled the moment he saw the picture and without wasting a second he hugged me. His voice laced with concern, "You trust me, Angel?"

I didn't have in me to reply to his answers in words so I pulled him in me and squeezed him in the hug as if I wanted us to be one.

Update!!

Thank you Lovelies🌸💐

Do like and comment💜🫰