Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Ahaan

I woke up sweating, the same dream again but this time there was another scene, and as far as I remember it was the garden of this house, who are they, and why I am dreaming about it?

I was in my thoughts when I heard voices from downstairs, I guess a guest was there.

After freshening up, I was going downstairs when I heard the laugh, and it sounded familiar like I heard this somewhere but couldn't remember.

Damn it.

When I reached downstairs the voice became clear and it was Ahana, what is she doing in the house. I followed the voice to the kitchen before I asked anything

"There you are, sleeping beauty" Aryan put his hand around my shoulder

"What is happening here?" looking at her I whispered asked Aryan

"Ahh, nothing just Dadi invited her for dinner"

Moving around I get inside to get a glass of water, "hello ladies from Ahaan bhai, since he is grumpy" Aryan said and smirked, and the audacity of him

Ahana looked at me surprised and there was something else that flashed in her eyes and she looked down, "Hello Mr. Malhotra, I didn't know you were in the country"

"He just came today beta"

"Do you need any help, Dadi?" I asked opening the fridge to take a bottle

"Naah" Dadi brushed me off, these days her attitude is different. She is more relaxed and carefree and most importantly she is happy, and I just wish she stays this way. She suffered a lot and she deserves to be happy.

After another glance at both of them who were busy in cooking, I left the kitchen with the bottle of water.

"Bhai"  Aryan shouted and jumped on my back like I would give him a piggy ride.

"Aren't you too happy these days, did you find someone or what?" pushing him back I walked to the couch.

"Yeah, I found someone" he mischievously smiled.

"Ohh...okay, and may I know who this lady is who got stuck with an idiot like you?" making myself comfortable on the couch I drank the water.

"Ohh, that, she is not stuck with me but she is going to be stuck with somebody else and she is not just some lady, she is the lady" Before I could get the chance to ask what kind wordplay, he just did, Dadi called us to help for the dinner

"I will get back to you after dinner" Smacking his head I walked away

"Yes Dadi" Walking into the kitchen I asked

"Set all these on the table" she gestured towards all the containers on the kitchen platform.

"Okay," it is almost 10 containers. I don't know what kind of grand meal she planned today. Aryan and Ahana were also helping and Dadi was putting something in the fridge.

once everyone was seated Dadi announced, "Ok all done let's eat"

"Wow Dadi this is a treat" With almost his full mouth Aryan spoke

"Dadi... can you please teach me how to make this masala Bhindi, please" Ahana spoke, putting a bite in her mouth of the masala bhindi wrapped around chapati.

"Of course, beta, why not After all you are the one..." she trailed off whatever she was about to say and I became suspicious of their behavior now, that had to be something wrong with them, and we all finished our food with a little chit-chat.

After the meal, we were sitting at the same place where we were sitting in the morning when Dadi exploded the bomb on my marriage and I grew apprehensive, but I didn't understand why Ahana was here if Dadi was going to talk about my marriage.

"I wanted to discuss something today" Dadi sat beside me sipping her kadha (An herbal drink).

For a moment I thought it was about something else Dadi is going to discuss since Ahana is here. I looked at Aryan he was very calm and cool, and then I moved my gaze to Dadi and she was looking at Ahana differently I couldn't pin-point the emotion but this was different, and then when my Gaze landed on Ahana and she looked as clueless as I am, I looked back and forth between them and then it hit me what Dadi said in the morning, you will get to know who you are marrying at dinner. And no one else other than Ahana is invited for the dinner and her being here today felt unusual, and now I can connect the dots.

The tension in my body released a little bit with the thought that I didn't know was there in the first place, but what if I am overthinking, what if she is just for dinner... A tap on my shoulder broke my trance.

"Bhai...Kaha kho gye aap Dadi kbse bula rahi hai aapko?"

"Bhai ...where are you lost, since Grandma has been calling you"

"Kahi nhi, ji dadi" I moved a little so that now I could look at her.

"Nowhere, yes Dadi"

"Are you okay? you look pale" She touched my forehead to check for fever

"I am fine Dadi, it's just work, nothing to worry about" I lied

"Ahana beta, hme aapse kuch baat karni thi '' she held Ahana and held her in her hand and that made my suspicion strong a bit.

"Ahana beta, we wanted to talk to you about something."

"Ji Dadi '' she replied meekly.

"Agar hum aapse kuch kahe to kya aap meri baat maanegi" Dadi edged towards her, still holding her hand.

"If I tell you something, will you listen to me?"

"What is it, Dadi?" she is nervous

It means she is also not aware of the situation.

"Tell me, will you listen to me and trust me if I say something?" Dadi's voice is firm but her body is tense and her hand is trembling.

"Ji Dadi"

Dadi looked at me and then her "I want you to..." She sighed like she was tired and moments like these made me realize she is old and needs a lot of care and love after what she has gone through.

"Dadi is what I think it is" I stared into her eyes directly.

Her voice quivered a little. Aryan is just glancing between us and Ahana looks as clueless as I was A few minutes ago.

"yes," she is looking at the hand where she is holding Ahana's.

"What is it?" Ahana stared at all of us like she was trying to figure out all the jumbled words.

Update !!!

Do like, Share, and comment

Thank you for reading💜