Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Ahana

Tears streamed down my cheek, and my hold on the letter was tight, in the moment I felt everything and nothing, the turmoil emotion was mixed with the numbness of my heart.

I sobbed for every little thing she mentioned in the letter and for every little thing she didn't. The pain she could have felt, all the judging eyes she could have met, all the hurtful things she could have heard, and still she loved me, she loved me so much, how could someone be that selfless, she protected me all her life from all those people, just to protect me she left her own family, how I am going to repay her for everything she has done.

I was pressing the letter into my chest like it would ease some of my pain. There is so much noise inside me, that I want it to go away.

Someone unfolded my grip on the letter and took it from me, I looked at the person, not ready to see sympathy in their eyes, but when I met her eyes, there was so much love, and concern, not even a glimpse of sympathy, I found, and I broke down, Dadi hugged me tightly, I can feel wetness on my shoulder which means she was also crying.

I kept sobbing in her embrace without saying a word, she was constantly caressing my hair, "let it all out" she whispered not leaving for a single second, and I have no idea if it was hours or just a few minutes but I feel drained, Dadi adjusts my head on her lap which made me half lay on the sofa.

Nobody spoke, I took a glance at Aryan he was looking at me with concern and care and when my eyes met with Ahaan there was something passed through his gaze, which made me feel stronger, I couldn't comprehend it but my heart felt it. He held my gaze to tell me he was here, and he would be whenever I would fall, he would be there to catch me.

"I guess now we know who was the person who left me and my mother behind" After a pause, I continued.

"I thought I would feel something when I got to know about my so-called father, but I feel nothing not even anger. It's just the hatred I felt for him for what my Mumma went through because of him." I wiped my tears took a deep breath and continued. "How can someone be so cruel to somebody that they can lie to this extent? I wanted the answer before why he left her like that. But no answer in this world could justify what she went through because of him and me as well."

"Don't say that Ahana, you are the most precious thing she had. You never know that only were the reason she was living all those years. You were the ray of hope in her darkness. Never blame yourself for that." Dadi caressed my hair.

"I guess I am also glad that he was not a part of our life, he never deserved my Mumma, I just wish she would have known earlier, she didn't have to go through all the pain and heartbreak she would have found someone who would have loved her cared for her" My heart broke for my mother she deserved all the world.

"How can god be so cruel her family never loved her because she was a girl child, the only concern they had towards her because of her share of money, her mother never cared about her and forget about loving her, why?" my heart shattered for every pain and heartbreak she went through for all those years.

There was silence, the only sound I could hear was the labored breathing of the other three people who were present in the room.

"I just hope I was able to give her the happiness she deserves..." My eyes felt heavy and then gradually it closed off.

Update!!Like and commentThanks for reading💜🫰