Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Ahana

The engagement ring, a delicate platinum band adorned with a single sparkling diamond, felt heavy but perfect on my finger as I fidgeted with it, its coolness a stark contrast to the warmth blooming in my chest. A day had passed since our engagement.

Now, standing in the doorway of the Ahaan's office, a different kind of anticipation gnawed at me. His parting words, "Tomorrow, in my office. No interruptions, just you and me" echoed in my mind, laced with an unspoken promise that sent shivers down my spine.

I glanced at Ahaan, who was leaning against the window of his office, his eyes catching the soft glow of the afternoon sunlight. His usual CEO demeanor, the one that commanded respect and intimidated even the most seasoned executives, was replaced by a softer expression, a hint of amusement playing on his lips.

"Nervous, Mrs. To-Be?" he asked, his voice a low rumble that sent a jolt through me.

I forced a laugh, the sound a little breathless "Why should I be nervous?"

A slow smile spread across his face, crinkling the corners of his eyes. "Let's just eat first and then we can discuss our future." He winked, sending a flutter of butterflies into my stomach.

He led me towards the big couch in his office where he sat beside me. His knee brushed mine whenever he leaned to get something from the table. And all these touches give me a different kind of anticipation.

We both finished our lunch and then we cleaned the table. He sat beside me again while leaning on one hand of the couch. "so, about yesterday's question? What is your answer?"

I act nonchalantly, "What question, I don't remember"

"Oh! So now we are playing like this." I can sense his smirk without even looking at him.

"What are you talking about?" I tried to get up from the couch when he spoke

"OK, So you don't remember the question. We will ask Dadi for the answer to this question then"

"NO" I almost shouted and held his hand

By the time I realized what I had done, I was already holding his hand and he was looking at it, emotion swirling in his eyes.

"I am sorry" I was about to take my hand back when he clasped it and threaded our fingers together bending his head to kiss the engagement ring.

"you don't have to feel sorry about touching me" he held my gaze. "so, now since we are on the same page why don't you tell me what would be the answer to the question"

"I...I...don't know. I have never thought about it." I stuttered and he pulled me to sit beside him again

"Then think about it. We have time till our marriage."

"What about you?" I asked looking anywhere but not at him

"what about me?" he asked like he was not aware of what I was asking, This man, why does he tease me so much?

"Where do you want to go for..." my heart raced inside my ribcage.

"For..." he is amused by all this conversation, he is holding back his laugh I can sense that

"Are you laughing at me, Mr. Malhotra?" I asked holding his gaze this time

"I wouldn't dare do that Mrs. Malhotra" he pressurized the name like he was tasting how it felt.

And there I go all crimson red just with a single name, he was looking at me intently like he was trying to figure me out.

His phone rang, and whatever trance he was in broke, he went toward his work table and I oogled his back. Damn that shoulder, is so broad and masculine.

Nope, I am not going there,

So what! He is my would-be husband and I can look at him as much as I want

"Get it done" His angry voice took me out of the world I was in, and I flinch.

"Sorry" He came and held my hand, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay, I was in my thoughts" I assured him

"What thoughts?" there he goes again teasing me.

"I have work to do, I will get going" I stood from the couch and he let go of my hand half-heartedly.

"Have a good day, Would be Mrs. Malhotra" he waved and winked at me

My face heated, "You too Mr. Malhotra" I whispered and almost ran from there. 

Update!!

Hey Lovelies,

Do Like and Comment on Your Favorite Parts 💜🫰