Chapter 71

Chapter 71

Ahaan

Ahana's trembling form pressed against mine, her silence a storm brewing within her, I could feel her body shaking, so, I hugged her tightly. While a part of me admired the trust she placed in me by not jumping to conclusions, another part burned with a fury so intense it threatened to consume me. I knew, with a chilling certainty, that this was Kabir Rana's handiwork.

Holding Ahana close, I felt a surge of protectiveness wash over me. The sight of her tears was like a knife twisting in my gut. Waking up to this, to her pain, was a nightmare I wouldn't allow to become reality. We needed answers, and fast.

I whispered reassurances. "We'll get through this, together. These pictures are fake, I promise." A part of me knew she trusted me, and that the foundation we built was strong. Yet, the urge to comfort right now is strong. I don't want a single doubt about our love in her head.

The man wouldn't rest until he'd poisoned everything good in my life. But I wouldn't let him win. Enough of this playing defense. Enough of waiting for him to make his next move. He'd messed with the wrong woman, and now he will deal with her man.

As the initial shock subsided and Ahana's sobs quieted, I gently took her phone. With trembling hands, I forwarded the photo to Reyaan. The call connected, my voice tight with anger. "Reyaan, I need you to track down the source of this message. And get me the original photos, unedited."

"Shower?" I murmured, my voice husky.

Ahana needed a distraction, a way to wash away the shock. Perhaps some time together, a reminder of the bond we shared, could be the balm she needed.

As she headed to the bathroom, I placed another call. Inspector Verma picked up after a single ring. "Uncle," I began, my voice steely. "I'm done waiting for the law. I need to find Rana. Now." My desire for justice had morphed into something primal – a need to see the man responsible for this pain suffer.

"Ahaan, calm down," Inspector Verma's voice, usually reassuring, held an edge of caution. "We can't take matters into our own hands."

Frustration laced my voice. "You have to understand. This isn't just about Rana anymore. He threatened my family." I explained to him what happened today.

Inspector Verma sighed, a sound heavy with understanding. "Alright, Ahaan. We'll look into this from another angle. But you need to promise me you'll cooperate."

Relief washed over me. "Of course, Uncle. I just want this to be over."

Ending the call, I joined Ahana in the warm embrace of the shower. True to my word, I tried to erase the morning's pain, creating a haven of intimacy where her worries could melt away. But even amidst the shared pleasure, a part of me remained vigilant. The fight for justice wasn't over. Kabir Rana wouldn't win. Not if I had anything to say about it.

The photos were a lie, a cheap trick. I wouldn't let it define our reality. As we emerged from the bathroom, a renewed resolve settled within me. I would protect Ahana, find Rana, and make him pay for what he did with my Wife. And how he tried to poison our life. Together, we would face him and emerge stronger, our love a shield against his darkness.

After Putting her hair dry, I helped her wear a salwar Kameez and then filled her middle partition with vermillion. "Ham hamesha saath Rahenge Mrs. Malhotra"

"We will always be together, Mrs. Malhotra"

she hugged me tightly in response. "I love you" she whispered right to my beating heart which is hers only.

Kissing her hair, I whispered, "I love you too, Angel"

On the breakfast table sensing a change in the environment Dadi asked "Kuch baat hui hai Baccho"

"Did something happen, Kids?"

Ahana squeezed my hands under the table and I explained everything to Dadi. Gladly Aryan is in Paris to handle a few things or else he would have been furious as well. He found a sister and a friend in Ahana and no one can touch his sister.

Dadi's eyes widened the moment I finished and she started using colorful abuses for Rana which he deserves and more, and I will gladly deliver it to him.

"Ahana beta, tum tension mat lo. wo papi jail me sadega. uske shareer ko kide padenge. koi usko paani tak ke liye nhi puchega. narak kii aag mein jalega Kabir Rana" Dadi's venomous words put a smile on my Angel's face.

"Ahana beta, don't worry. That sinner will suffer in jail. His body will be eaten by insects. No one will even ask him for water. Kabir Rana will burn in the fire of hell"

"uske baare mein bol kar kyun apna munh khraab kar rahi hain Dadi" Ahana said smiling

"Why are you spoiling your mouth by talking about him, Grandma?"

We finished our breakfast and left for the office. Reyaan messaged that now he was not able to find anything about who sent those pictures but the moment he got a hand on the original picture he would ring me.

Ahana stayed silent the whole ride just tracing my hand with her thumb as I was holding her hand. I can sense that she needs a personal space to organize her thoughts. So, Kissing her I left her at her office and walked towards mine to get a hand on the information about the location where the pictures were sent from.

After an hour with the help of Reyaan, we cracked the place where the pictures were sent from and we also got the original pictures. I was about to call Uncle Verma when my phone buzzed with an upcoming call. It was Uncle Verma.

I answered the call, "Uncle you called at the right time. We got the location as well as the original pictures." My voice held the excitement of a kid who was about to get his favorite ice cream. What Uncle Verma said next is just about the ice cream, "We got Rana."

What will happen next????

Update!!

Thank you lovelies for your support🫰💜

Please do Like, and comment on your favorite part. Let me know which part you like the most💐🌸🫰💜