Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Ahaan

I went to the room and kept my luggage beside the door, there was nothing much in the room, a bed, a cupboard, a chair, and a big window which opened towards the back of the house.

I guess this is a guest room, the thing in the room is covered, so I guess, I just have to remove the cover and dust it out, change the cover, broom the room, and be done.

"Perfect plan"

While I was cleaning the room, the realization hit me, she was growing on me, and my iced heart was melting day by day. She is like a ray of sunshine, brightening up everything around her. I can't deny the feeling of attraction towards her. I'm drawn to her in a way that I can't explain. It's like I'm magnetically drawn to her. I find myself wanting to know her more.

Brushing the thought off for now, I completed the job in hand.

After cleaning the room, and putting on the new cover that she gave me, I replied to a few emails, it's almost two hours.

I was on the call with dadi "ji Dadi, sab sahi, mai dhyaan rkahunga"

"Yes Dadi, I will take care of everything"

"Agar meri bahu koi takleef hui to..." her threatening me is cute

"If my daughter-in-law faced any problem then..."

"Understood Dadi, Loud and clear"

And then I heard a sob, and then another, At first I thought maybe it was a cough or something, but when I focused I realized, its Ahana and she was not coughing she was crying.

"Dadi, I will call you later" I cut the call and ran towards her room, the scene in front of me broke my heart. I froze at the door.

She was holding something, that looked more like an album, and sobbing, breathing heavily.

And the urge to just protect her from the world is strong, so strong, this is not the right time to contemplate what I feel.

I walked towards her slowly and hesitantly put my hand on her shoulder, and when she looked back at me, the broken look in her eyes, broke me. I heard the crack inside me.

We sat there in silence no words exchanged; I was in a daze when my phone rang

I looked at the caller I'd "I ordered food for us, and some groceries for tomorrow, let's go"

She looked at me like if she blinked, I would disappear, "Ahana let's go, you should eat something, you haven't eaten anything"

"Okay" she almost whispered

"Go freshen up, I will get the delivery" She walked towards the washroom in haze.

"Ahana" she paused and looked at me

We stared at each other "I will be here, okay" I don't know why I said what I said, why I stopped her, but the broken smile that she gave me was proof that I said the right thing.

Dinner was very quiet, the only sounds were the clinking of spoons and our breathing. After dinner, she cleaned the kitchen and I arranged a few things in the fridge after cleaning it. I could feel the emotions in the air, but we were both too afraid to talk about it. We said our goodnights and parted ways, both of us knowing that something had to change.

I kept tossing and turning, her tears broken emotions everything was tearing me apart, for a longer period, I thought I didn't feel anything, that I didn't have to worry about losing my heart to anyone, but now, I am afraid, the way my heart beats in her presence even in her absence I can't help but feel something for her. It's like a pull that I can't ignore. I need to figure this out before it's too late, or maybe it's already too late. But why I am not afraid even if it's too late? Contemplating my thoughts I dozed off.

Update!!

Like and comment

Thanks for reading💜🫰