Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Ahaan

She intrigued me as no one else ever did, she makes me feel things that I am unaware of. in her vicinity my heart beats the ice there is creaking, I can hear the sound of it, this is bad this has to be bad.

one moment I just think I will ignore it but another moment I want to know each and everything that makes her smile and what triggers her to zone out, what haunts her at night, is there anything or anyone she loves dearly.

With her, I feel different and this is fucking terrifying.

The way she looked at me when I smiled like she saw the stars from a close distance or she got her favorite candy, I just couldn't hold her stare without blushing like a teenager.

Whenever her name comes out of my mouth, it seems as if it has reached my very soul.

The silence filled the car after our short conversation and by the time I could think why I was feeling what I was feeling, we reached home.

I really wanted to open the car door for her, it came from somewhere deep inside but she came outside before I had the chance to do so.

I led her to the house. 

"This is beautiful" her soft voice came from beside me; she was looking at those flowers in awe

"Yeah, they are," I said looking at her.

"What is beautiful bhai, flowers or Ahana" Aryan's sudden voice makes me come out of my trance.

"What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to help Dadi, if she needs anything" Irritated I replied

"Everything is done, but you didn't answer my question bhai, whose beauty you were talking about"

"He was talking about flowers, Aryan," Ahana said walking ahead of us

"Naah, I don't think so Ahana" Aryan followed her, the idiot had the audacity to turn and wink at me

"Shut up Aryan"

"Ouch! Bhai, I will complain about this to Dadi"

"Dadiii" he called out.

"Are, Ahana beta, you are here" Dadi ignored Aryan which made me laugh I looked at Aryan and patted his head before smacking "Poor baby" whispered 

Ahana touched her feet, "Hamesha Khush raho" 'Always be happy'

"Come inside, Aryan go get some drink" Dadi ordered

"Why me, Ahaan bhai can also do that"

"He went to pick her"

"It was his decision, Dadi, I told him I would go but he was persistent about going, isn't that right bhai" Raising one eyebrow he asked

"I did no such thing you were late in the morning" I walked away

"Grumpy"

"I heard that"

"Good, it was for you"

"You two stop bickering like a kid"

My feet came to a halt when I heard her laugh. My eyes and feet were frozen in place. "Beautiful," I breathed. How could someone laugh so beautifully? It wasn't a fake or showy laugh, but a genuine expression of joy that was simply beautiful to behold.

Is something blooming in these two lost and broken hearts?