Chapter 6: Day at the Beach

As it had been planned a week ago, the Kong family gathered at the beach to spend a fun day there. Some of them bathed in the sea, others learned to surf with Funky, others enjoyed some refreshing drinks, while others played in the sand.

Diddy was at sea playing with his four new friends. They used to hang out more with Diddy, since he was more contemporary with them and they understood each other better when it came to games. Sometimes they would have competitions to see who could swim the fastest to the shore or who could reach the deepest part of the water.

"Hurry up, Diddy!" Tiny exclaimed as they ran towards the beach shore in a competition.

The five finished their round of races and began to decide who had come in first place. Later, Chunky and Kiddy went to Funky's to surf and, meanwhile, Diddy, Dixie and Tiny started building castles in the sand.

"Hey, what if we see who of the three of us builds the best sand castle the fastest?" Tiny suggested excitedly.

"Okay. I'll win you," Diddy responded with a defiant tone.

"We'll see about that," Dixie added in the same tone.

The three of them began to build their sand castles as fast as they could. Dixie was about to finish her castle and, to give it the finishing touch, she was going to place a small flag on top. But when she was about to take it, Diddy took it first to put it in his castle.

"Hey! That flag is mine, I saw it first," Dixie claimed.

"Oh, too bad, but I took it first," Diddy said mockingly.

"Give it to me!"

They both began to compete for the flag and tried to take it from each other. But during the move, Diddy collapsed a part of Dixie's castle with his foot by accident.

"Hey! My castle!" Dixie exclaimed, annoyed.

Immediately, and as revenge, Dixie also purposely brought down Diddy's castle.

"Hey, that's not fair! It was an accident!" Diddy protested.

They both began to argue, in a friendly manner and with laughter involved, of course. In the middle of it, Tiny began to observe the two of them, and she seemed to have a curious idea in her mind... She even adopted a suspicious look.

"Hey, Diddy," Tiny told him, making them calm down. "By any chance... have you ever had a girlfriend?"

"What?" Diddy responded with a strange look. "No, I don't even think about it."

"And you, Dixie, have you had a boyfriend?" Tiny asked again with a few small laughs.

"Are you crazy? Don't you know me?" Dixie responded, looking at her strangely.

"Oh, I was just asking," Tiny said, laughing. "Well, my castle didn't collapse, so I won. See you later!"

Without further ado, Tiny ran off to the others, purposely leaving Diddy and Dixie alone. They both didn't understand anything and were confused by those random questions.

"I think she's a little crazy," Dixie said with a shrug and a little laugh, before looking back at Diddy with a 'thirst for revenge'. "Well, what were we up to? Oh yes, you brought down my castle!"

"I already told you it was an accident! Besides, I saw the flag first," Diddy told him in a mocking tone.

In the middle of the "fight," Dixie suddenly took off Diddy's cap.

"Hey, give me my cap!"

"Go get it, cheater!" Dixie said as she ran off with the cap, before Diddy went after her. They were both running so fast until Diddy managed to catch up with her and, in revenge, he also took off her beret. "Hey! That's not fair, give it back to me!"