Chapter 76: Unease

"But what are you saying?!... How is that possible?!"

"The flight appeared to be clandestine, in fact. They have not yet been able to find any legal identification or proof of where it came from."

A group of people wearing clothes of what they seemed to be doctors, stood in the middle of corridors with white and yellow walls. They all showed expressions of having witnessed something unexpected while recounting it.

"How many of those primates were on board?"

"So far, they have found eight: an adult male mandrill and orangutan, the other six were young, among them: a male spider monkey, three female chimpanzees and two male chimpanzees... Although among those little ones, only the spider monkey and a chimpanzee have been confirmed to be still alive."

"What a pity for the other four little ones; they could not be saved... And what happened to the two men who were on board too?"

"They were taken to the hospital too; they're very injured... and not just because of the accident; there are suspicions that there was some kind of shooting inside that flight..."

Suddenly... loud and rowdy murmurs were heard inside the place and alerted the people present.

"STOP THEM! THEY RUN AWAY!" someone was heard screaming and running.

Suddenly, in one of the perpendicular corridors, four kong children could be seen running at full speed while a group of people was chasing them, although it was in vain, since these children were quite agile. They were two chimpanzee boys and two girls, who seemed to want to flee from that place.

"No! It can't be! They could escape to the city!" one of the people exclaimed, panicking.

"But what happened?!" one of the people in the hallway asked.

"Those four little chimpanzees we thought were dead ran away... And they're not dead! In fact... we don't know what they are; we find very strange things in them."

That quartet of kongs had come out from a door that led to a room. This room also had white walls with pastel yellow coatings, where more people, between men and women, were in white suits, and who handled certain tools. Inside the room, there were several devices and small rolling stretchers... On one of the latter, Dixie was sitting while being treated by two of the people, who were putting bandages on certain parts of her, since she had some blows that she had not noticed due to the adrenaline she felt in the tragic situation.

On the sides of where she was, there was another stretcher where Diddy was lying, and where two other people were treating him and placing strange devices on him. Dixie kept an eye on what they were doing to Diddy; even if those people had told her they were going to help them, she didn't want to trust it completely yet.

"They ran away!" another of the people exclaimed, entering the room with others. "We don't find them."

"Oh, it can't be!" one of the people who was helping Dixie replied, showing concern. "Those four chimpanzees were very strange. I don't understand how they got up while we were examining them, I mean... just by seeing them, it could be deduced that they were lifeless, even though they did not have any injuries."

"But they must not have gone far, they must be hidden somewhere in this clinic... I don't understand what all this situation is about."

"News will provide more details about the plane crash later. Some suggest this may be a matter related to wildlife trafficking."

"And what about the mandrill and orangutan that were also on board?"

"They were already taken straight to the operating room; they were seriously injured, just like this spider monkey."