Chapter 68: Rescue Mission

Mr. Pinky, along with the pair of little kongs, arrived at the hall of the main staircase, and began to climb to the top floor of the building. Diddy and Dixie only hoped that the route mentioned by the teacher would be easy for them to escape.

"Will we mention to him about the herd of kong children?" Dixie asked Diddy quietly as they climbed up.

"Obviously, I don't think he'll object if we explain."

Arriving at the top floor, Mr. Pinky went to a room next to the one that contained the cells, it was a much smaller room of only the eighth part of the other, but with an entrance large enough for someone of any size to pass.

Diddy and Dixie followed Mr. Pinky into that room. Then, he started pointing to a button on one of the walls.

"Ramp..." the teacher said, pointing to the button.

"What are you saying?" they both asked him.

Then, Mr. Pinky went to the button and pressed it... Suddenly, the wall in front of them began to tilt outward as if it were being knocked down, while a small gust of wind entered. What happened next, left Diddy and Dixie speechless: in a descending way, a huge zig-zag ramp was unfolding that ended in the ground outside; this was something wide for anyone to get down.

"B-But, how?" Diddy said, looking down puzzled.

"It must be an emergency exit or some alternative route to move the animals," Dixie added. "But it's perfect for us to get out."

"Well, then what are we waiting for? Let's go get the kids right now!" Diddy exclaimed.

"Will we leave Mr. Pinky here right now?" Dixie asked.

"I say we take him with us; he can defend us in case something happens," Diddy added.

Diddy and Dixie, along with Mr. Pinky, went back down the stairs, and headed back to the door that led to the basement where they had hidden the herd of kong children. They didn't have any mishaps along the way, luckily.

Upon arrival, Diddy knocked on the door with some force so that it could be heard all the way to the basement.

"Open the door, please!" Diddy exclaimed, raising his voice a little.

Almost a minute later, the door began to open, and one of the kong children peeked out. But immediately, Mr. Pinky put himself on guard and pointed the gun at the boy.

"NO, NO, MR. PINKY, PUT THE GUN DOWN!" Dixie ordered him instantly, managing to stop him. "Don't shoot any kong children you see here; they were hypnotized by those bad apes too... Well, for their sons, but under the orders of those apes. We have to save and get them all out of this place."

"That's right, Mr. Pinky," Diddy added. "We're even going to get you out of here... Now, stay here while we go get the rest of the kids, okay? Wait for us here."

Mr. Pinky gave another look of confusion, but immediately put down the gun.

"And by the way, if those apes or any of their four sons come, don't listen to them," Dixie said. "And don't tell them we're here and we got the kidnapped children out."

After the instructions, Diddy and Dixie entered the room that led to the basement, where they began to go down the stairs until they were reunited with the herd.

"Listen, everyone!" Diddy said to them, going down the last few steps. "Right now, we're going out. Come, follow us!"

Diddy gave the signal to the herd, and then they started climbing the stairs until they reached the door. They left that room and were reunited with Mr. Pinky, to whom they had to calm him down again and explain that he shouldn't harm any of the kong children. Then, they waited and made sure that the entire herd was complete.