Chapter 7: New Student

A new week was beginning. Diddy was heading to school and, as always, his bully classmates would be waiting to bother him. But this time, Diddy stayed hidden among the tree branches, watching the quartet quite stealthily until Wrinkly arrived. He didn't feel like putting up with those four bully kids, not if that image of them threatening him in his nightmares overwhelmed him.

When Diddy saw Wrinkly arriving at school, he came down from the trees and went outside. He knew that the quartet kids would see him pass anyway, but at least he was certain that Wrinkly's presence would not give them a chance to bother him.

"Look, the cowardly vermin monkey has arrived!" said Mandrew, and the rest of the group laughed. But Diddy ignored them and continued walking at fast paces.

"Oh, he's afraid of us," Jemky added in a mocking tone. "Poor little dumb monke-"

"Silence! It's Wrinkly!" Rocky quietly interrupted the group.

"Good morning, children," Wrinkly appeared a while later, calming the situation.

"Oh, good morning, Mrs. Wrinkly," the entire quartet responded with forced smiles.

As if nothing had happened, Wrinkly invited her students to head towards the classroom. Diddy went with them, at the same time that he looked askance at the quartet of bullies and they made mocking gestures at each other.

"You're saved, dwarf," Jemky murmured to Diddy.

Then, everyone entered the classroom and went to sit at their respective positions to begin. For her part, Wrinkly went to her desk, but before starting class, she stood in front of the entire classroom; apparently, she had an important announcement that she wanted to make.

"Children! Before we start class, I have to tell you something," Wrinkly announced to the class, drawing their attention. "It's a novelty."

The students were curious about these words from their teacher, and began to ask and murmur what it was about.

"No homework?"

"Vacation?"

"New lockers?"

"No!" Wrinkly responded firmly before making the official announcement. "It's... new student!"

"New student?!" they all exclaimed in succession, appearing astonished.

Wrinkly nodded, earning some strange and curious looks from her students. At that moment, everyone began to assume who it was and what it would be like, since they had not had new classmates for a long time, and the cycle had already been going on for a few weeks.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door and Wrinkly went to open it. She greeted whoever was outside, before calling to come in.

"Well, you can come in, dear girl!" Wrinkly said as someone was about to enter the door.

"Dear girl? It's a... girl?" Melenky whispered in the middle of the class, confusing the rest.

Suddenly, that someone opened the door wider and approached to enter the classroom. Everyone turned to see who she was.

"W-what?!" Diddy said in a low voice and was shocked to see that it was nothing more and nothing less than... Dixie!

Indeed, it was the same Dixie; she had decided to also study at Kong Kollege. The other students looked at her strangely as she walked around the room.

"Welcome to class, Dixie. They will be your classmates," Wrinkly told her kindly. "I hope you all get along very well and become good friends. The students here are very friendly, right, kids?"