Chapter 40: A Proposal

It had been three weeks since Dixie and Diddy met their new friends, and they had done pretty well with them. All of them had been very friendly with the two of them and, in the same way, Diddy and Dixie hoped that this friendship would continue to grow and they could get to know them much more, since they spent hours of fun with those new children. His days on Hurricane Island hadn't been so bad after all.

Diddy and Dixie were again heading to their new friends' house. Arriving there, the four of them were outside the house this time, in fact, they were all lined up on their sides as if they were waiting for Diddy and Dixie and could tell them something important.

"How are you, friends!" Diddy greeted them with joy, and they returned the greeting.

"Are you ready for another adventure?" Dixie added in the same way.

"Of course we are!" the four replied looking excited.

"Today we were planning to go to the hillside we saw yesterday," Dixie told them. "We can make fun games there."

"Sounds great!" Jenny replied along with the group.

"We have a new game to show you too," Melvyn said, jumping with excitement.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Ricky said. "Let's go right now."

Diddy and Dixie started walking with their group of friends, happy to spend another day with them. When suddenly, they both noticed that the four kids were slowing down their steps while they seemed to whisper and beckon to each other, so they turned to look at them.

"What's going on?" Dixie asked them, smiling and looking at them strangely at the same time.

The kong children kept waving or nudging each other as they pointed at Diddy and Dixie.

"Well, friends, it's that..." Jenny said with a smile. "We have a proposal for you."

"Proposal?" Diddy asked. "About what?"

Suddenly, the four of them were looking at each other in smiling ways as if they were about to want to tell them some good news.

"You see, we know that you want and need to return to your island," Ricky said before pausing, "and well... I think we can help you."

"But we need your help too," Mandy added before giving them an important detail. "And so maybe you can return to your DK Island in a few days."

Diddy and Dixie got an extremely strange look instantly upon hearing that, and thought that their friends just wanted to explain a game to them.

"Really?" Dixie asked them, looking at them strangely and crossing her arms. "And... how?"

"Do you remember that we mentioned to you that we knew DK Island?" Jenny reminded them, to which Diddy and Dixie nodded. "We know a route where the hurricane does not pass," she added, whispering.

"Really?!" exclaimed the two, instantly astonished.

Diddy and Dixie looked at them confused at what they were saying. At first, they were as if they didn't believe them, since there would be nothing they could do to return to DK Island for the time being, but at the same time, they were curious to know what they were planning, since their new friends always came out with some occurrence.

"But, how are you supposed to help us?" Diddy questioned in disbelief as emitting a few small laughs. "Are you serious?"

"Well, we were thinking about building a ship," Mandy told them. "But a large and very resistant one, that can withstand storms. And we wanted to know if... you want to join too."