Chapter 28: Back... home?

On a deserted beach, and in the wee hours of the morning, several waves collided strongly with each other, at the same time as they went towards the open sea and returned to the sand. Several waves passed later, when suddenly, a little monkey with a cap and red shirt, apparently unconscious, was swept away by the waves towards the firm sand. Minutes later, the monkey lying in the sand, began to open his eyes before another small wave passed over him and woke him up suddenly. He began to cough repeatedly until he was completely recovered. Suddenly, he recovered all his senses and stopped to observe better where he was; it was clear that he was on an island. He almost smiled for having survived that storm and reached dry land... until he realized that someone else was missing from the scene.

"Dixie!" Diddy exclaimed in panic when he noticed that she was not present. "Oh, no, no, no!"

Diddy moved desperately around the seashore as he tried to locate Dixie and shouted her name. Until it happened a couple of minutes later, when the waves came dragging a little chimpanzee with blond hair and pink clothes. Diddy, sighing with relief, immediately ran and swam to her and took her towards the sand. She was also unconscious, until she slowly opened her eyes and began to cough.

"Are you okay, Dixie?!" he asked her as he held her on the sand.

"Yes... But..." she replied with difficulty, beginning to get up. "What happened?... Have we already arrived?"

Diddy looked everywhere. The place where they were gave the appearance of being an island, so he clung to the idea that they would be on a beach on DK Island.

"Well... I guess so. I think I remember this beach," Diddy said with a forced smile. "Ah, yeah! Of course, I remember it, I think we used to come to this beach, do you remember?"

Dixie fully regained her senses and got up to inspect... But by observing the surroundings carefully, she could see something not so good.

"Diddy..." Dixie said quietly as she looked clearly everywhere. "This is not DK Island."

"What do you say? Of course this is DK Island," Diddy replied, ignoring Dixie's guess. "Look, there are beaches... and those palm trees with coconuts... Oh, and look at all that pile of trees. It's clear that those things are from DK Island."

Dixie gave him a look of strangeness. Then, she went to one of the tallest trees in sight and then began to climb to the top. Diddy went to follow her and also climbed up. When they reached the top, they only saw a massive amount of trees, the rest of the long beach, plus endless hills... They didn't see any particular trace of DK Island, in addition that it was almost all dark due to the night.

"Uhh... well, DK Island also had places like that and... maybe we are in another area."

They both stared around... which was dark and with no sign of showing exactly where they were.

"Oh, no, no, Diddy! We got lost, realize it!" Dixie exclaimed, beginning to despair. "T-that storm swept us away, our boat got lost, we landed in this unknown place and no trace of DK Island is seen!"

"Oh, I know! I was just trying to be positive," Diddy replied, before stopping to look around again. "But don't worry, we'll surely find a way out of here... I don't think we're that far away; we'd already been traveling on that boat for a long time."

Both kongs came down from the tree and went towards the shores of the beach. They looked in more detail everywhere, but before long, the two were overcome with anguish and despair... They definitely seemed to have gotten lost. That storm and the strong waves had swept them to an island that neither of them knew what it was. The last hope they would have was that maybe that was DK Island, but due to the darkness, they could not check it.