Chapter 43: The Ship

The following week had arrived. Diddy and Dixie planned to meet with their four friends on the island to begin the plan they had proposed: to build a huge ship that would last long enough to make it through hurricane season, so that Diddy and Dixie could finally return to DK Island safely... Although both of them still thought that maybe it was just a game, because it was something very complex to achieve something like this in a short time and done by only six little apes; even the two of them had had a hard time building the boat they did when they tried to return to DK Island the first few days.

Diddy and Dixie were on their way to their friends' house. They decided not to tell Mr. Pinky anything about it yet, since it was obvious how he would react, although to tell the truth, they didn't hide it so much because of that, but because something told them that, anyway, that ship would be finished when the hurricane season also ended; they knew that a small group of six kongs wouldn't manage to finish it in record time. And other than that, they thought that maybe they could have fun in the process of trying to build, and thus spend more fun times with their four friends.

As they arrived, Jenny and Ricky got out of their house, and went down before Diddy and Dixie went upstairs. Apparently, they had something to say to both of them.

"Hi, friends!" Diddy and Dixie said, smiling at them.

"How are you, Diddy and Dixie?!" Jenny and Ricky replied in the same way.

"Will we start with the boat today?" Diddy asked them.

"Yes, of course," Jenny replied, before smiling with some tension. "Although... we have some news."

"Really? What happened?" Dixie asked.

"It's that you don't know something that happened to us," Ricky said. "Do you remember that we told you that when we were little there was a massive abandonment of children?"

"A couple of days ago we were taking a walk," Jenny continued, "and to our surprise, we came across some of those kids."

"Wow, wait a minute," Diddy said in confusion. "Are you referring to those kids you lived with when you were little?... The ones you didn't get along with?"

"Yes, the same ones," Ricky replied. "But that was many years ago when we were very young. Now that we met them again, we decided to forget all those grudges and better be friends."

"By the way, they're at our house right now," Jenny said. "Do you want to come and meet them?"

"What?!" Dixie exclaimed, confused, too. "Right now?"

"Yeah, come, they're cool," Ricky added, taking Diddy and Dixie's arms.

"Hey, is it serious?!" Diddy asked, all confused.

"Yes, really!" Jenny exclaimed, smiling. "We were waiting to introduce them to you."

"Say what...?" Dixie said, still surprised, as they were invited to the house.

Diddy and Dixie were all confused: their new friends now had other new friends? Or well... actually old friends, but... were they saying that they had met them again just now?

They both went up together with Ricky and Jenny to the house, although to tell the truth, Diddy and Dixie were a little nervous to meet new kongs to the two of them and, at the same time, they were still confused at the sudden announcement that their friends had given them.

"Oh, right... there's another detail," Ricky told them before entering the house. "I only ask you to have a little patience with them, is that some are very shy and others instead are somewhat rowdy, so to speak. Oh, and let's say some of them are not very civilized."