Chapter 78: One Last Vengeance

Dixie was lying on the stretcher. Suddenly, her eyes began to open a little after she had plunged into a deep state of sleep. Then, as if suddenly, she opened her eyes in one fell swoop and didn't know why, but... she felt an urgent need to get up while having some acceleration in her heartbeat. She wasn't going to take it so seriously... if not for the fact that she heard a slight but sudden noise outside the room, which immediately triggered her curiosity.

She decided to get off her stretcher before checking to see if Diddy was fine. Then, still with some curiosity, she went to the door and leaned her ear against it... She could clearly hear some strange noises in the corridors outside. Although after all, she assumed that they would be more of the medical people who might be around... if it weren't for the fact that, a few seconds later, she began to hear certain murmurs accompanied by knocking on a door. And, as if that were not enough, Dixie jumped out of fright when she heard a knock on the door of the same room where she was, at the same time that the knob seemed to be moving. She began to have a bad feeling, so she just stood still until she no longer heard any noise behind the door; she knew that if it were any of the doctors, they wouldn't have to knock like that.

A couple of minutes later, Dixie felt enormous uncertainty and, as stealthily as she could, turned the doorknob, deactivating the latch and slowly opening it until she could poke her head out. The lights in the corridors were off and barely any lighting came through the windows.

Suddenly... Dixie opened her eyes to the fullest when, in a certain corner of the corridor, she could see silhouettes taller than her. Those silhouettes were next to one of the walls, more specific... at the door of the previous room where Diddy and Dixie had been taken.

"It doesn't open," one of those figures was heard whispering as they tried to open the door.

Dixie began to breathe heavily after hearing the voice of the silhouette that spoke... That was not possible. Suddenly, within seconds, one of those silhouettes turned to look in Dixie's direction, which put her on alert instantly.

"It's the brat chimpanzee!" one of the figures exclaimed, this time letting his voice be heard clearly.

Dixie hid in the room again and closed the door as quickly as she could, securing it immediately. The palpitations in her heart had been activated severely and she trembled continuously when she saw that those silhouettes belonged to the very apes; in this case... the lead orangutan along with the two remaining mandrills, those in blue and red lapels. Dixie wondered too desperately how those apes could have gotten there... and that would mean a serious danger.

Suddenly, the door to that room began to be knocked on again repeatedly.

"Darn it, she has secured it!" one of the apes was heard saying, struggling with the knob. "It doesn't open!"

"Or let's shoot instead to see if the lock gets deactivated."

The palpitations and tension in Dixie increased upon hearing that; now they would be in severe danger. A couple of seconds later, a loud gunshot was heard that even went through the door. Dixie immediately pulled away, away from the door, and the first thing she did was stand next to the stretcher where Diddy was while thinking about what she could do now.

"Almost done!" another of them was heard saying as they continued to fire shots at the door. "Make way, I'm going to open it!"

Suddenly, the door was being beaten more aggressively as if it were going to be knocked down. Until a few seconds later... the apes managed to create a large enough entrance and where they began to enter one by one, all with a gun in hand.

"So, here you are, girl!" the lead orangutan exclaimed, pointing at her.

"Oh, and the little monkey was attacked," one of the mandrills added, pointing in Diddy's direction.