Chapter 91: The End of the Hurricane

About an hour later, Diddy and Dixie were still inside the vehicle, which was still rolling. They kept looking out the windows at the whole landscape with no buildings in sight; instead, it now had wide horizons where the vast sea could begin to be seen.

Minutes later, the vehicle was stopped right on one of those beaches that were nearby. Suddenly, the door of the compartment where Diddy and Dixie were opened, and the people who had taken them let themselves be shown again. They took Diddy and Dixie down from there, with the box in which they brought Jenny's quartet. Then, they were taken to a dock where some small boats that seemed to carry heavy objects were docked.

The people went to one of those boats, where, after a few moments of dialogue with other people there, they loaded Diddy and Dixie in it, before they also boarded with the box containing Jenny's quartet.

Later, the ship sailed and began to sail over the sea, leaving that city behind. Diddy and Dixie were inside a cabin again, which had windows where they watched as they moved away from everything until they went further out to sea. The landscape that several minutes later they had was becoming only open sea and infinite horizons.

They spent several hours sailing in that boat, and the trip began to become exhausting and boring. Sleep was taking over Diddy and Dixie, so they took turns taking a break and sleeping while the other stayed up to watch that there were no mishaps along the way.

A few long hours later, the ship stopped next to a low cliff, which was from an island with a jungle atmosphere in the distance.

Suddenly, the doors of the cabin where Diddy and Dixie were opened, and the people appeared again to take them down with the box where the other kongs were. After disembarking everything, the people began to walk into that island. This time, they had taken the quartet of mechanical children out of the box and carried them in their arms as well; the children looked afraid at first, but Diddy and Dixie tried to gesture to them to stay calm.

Minutes later, they stopped in a jungle area, which looked quite calm and with a relaxing atmosphere in sight.

"Well, we've arrived, little monkeys," one of the people said as they left Diddy and Dixie on the ground. "You're free again. I know you'll be fine."

"Are you sure..." another one asked, doubtful, "that it won't be necessary to follow up on them?"

"Don't worry," the first person replied, smiling at Diddy and Dixie. "They're quite strong, and they know how to take care of themselves very well."

Diddy and Dixie made a few slight gestures of affirmation towards the people. Then, both stopped to observe the entire environment in front of them; it made them feel a bit of uncertainty deep down, but at the same time, they smiled to know that they had returned to natural lands to search for Hurricane Island on their own. Afterward, Jenny's quartet joined them as they looked at the place as well.

"So, it seems that everything has ended here," the people said, ducking to be in front of Diddy and Dixie and placing their hands on their shoulders. "You're going to stay here; it's a good place for you and you'll be fine, or well... wherever you go."

"Take good care of yourselves, little ones," another of the people said, smiling at them in the same way. "We hope everything goes well for you and that you can find peace."

The two kongs looked towards the area and then looked towards the people, to whom they smiled for all the help they had been offered in that animal hospital. Then, Dixie looked up at a banana tree, gestured to Diddy, and headed over to climb it. They both picked up a few bananas, and then got off to go to the people and hand them those bananas while smiling at them.