Chapter 74: On Hurricane Island?

After a long empty time, Diddy felt again that he was regaining the perception of reality, and managed to open his eyes suddenly when he realized that he was lying on the sand. When he got up completely, the first thing he stopped to look at was Dixie, who was right next to him and whom he held by the arm, while she continued to lie in the sand without moving.

"Dixie!" Diddy exclaimed in despair as he shook her to react. "Dixie, Dixie, are you okay?! Tell me something!"

Diddy continued to move Dixie continuously while trying to stay calm so as not to think the worst. When suddenly, he saw that Dixie squeezed her eyes, and then opened them instantly. Diddy was relieved to see that she was fine and that she had gotten up. Still, both remained worried.

"W-what happened?" Dixie asked, coming to her senses.

"Uh, I-I think we're on Hurricane Island again," Diddy replied, wishing he was right. "I-I think so."

Both of them hurried to observe the environment where they were now; the sky was still dark, but with certain flashes of illumination as if it were already the early hours of the morning. They were on the sand of a beach, where there were several rather wild waves near the shores.

"I think it's Hurricane Island," Dixie said, finishing looking around. "Let's see what else is around here to see if it's true."

Both immediately got up and began to observe in detail if they would finally be back on Hurricane Island. They climbed some trees to take a look from above... But they were starting to have a bad feeling.

"Dixie..." Diddy said with a fearful look. "I-I think this is not..."

"No, no, of course it is!" Dixie exclaimed instantly, and climbed down from the tree again to stay on the shores of the beach and observe the surroundings. Then, she turned to look at Diddy quite worryingly. "Diddy..."

Diddy climbed down from the trees too and headed towards Dixie while they both looked at each other with enormous concern and uncertainty... They didn't want to think that the story of when they were shipwrecked on Hurricane Island would repeat itself... and this time, much worse because they didn't even know which island was where they were now.

"No, no, don't worry... I know we'll find something that can help us," Diddy hastened, even if he didn't know if they would find any reference about where they were.

"And by the way..." Dixie said as she began to breathe harder and looked out to sea. "W-where are the others?!... Where is the ship?!"

"Oh... I don't know!" Diddy exclaimed, going to look out over the whole sea in sight too... and where there seemed to be no sign of any of the crew members who came on the ship... not even the ship. "No, no, no! It can't be, it can't be... What if something terrible happened to them?!"

"The last thing I remember was that the ship fell and plunged into the water!" Dixie added in the same tone of despair.

"No, no, maybe they're around here!" Diddy exclaimed, trying to stay calm. "I suggest we go look for-"

Suddenly, they both heard some sounds among the trees behind them. They turned to look and were on alert at the same time, while some movements reached to be seen among the vegetation.

"Let's go carefully over there to see," Diddy whispered to Dixie.

Then, both of them went stealthily through the vegetation to discover what that sudden movement had been; they wanted to think that it would be one of the animals and that maybe they would all have been shipwrecked in that same place.

"Wait!" Dixie whispered, taking Diddy's arm. "I think I saw a shadow or someone dark."

Both stopped to look at an area of vegetation that seemed to present movement... and where a silhouette seemed to have been seen nearby. The two wanted to go see who it was, but instead, they tried to hide behind some trees in case it was any danger.

"Let's go and see," Diddy whispered. "I think it's Mr.-"

Suddenly, some noises in the leaves behind them surprised them and, when they turned to look, they clearly saw a human silhouette trying to reach them.

"COME HERE, LITTLE MONKEYS!"

Diddy and Dixie, panicking instantly, rushed out of there as their palpitations accelerated strongly at the sight of no one else and none other than one of the tamers. They both had no idea where he might have come from, and they would have stopped to fight with him... if not because he had a gun in his hand.

"Don't let them escape!" another voice suddenly exclaimed which, from the way it was heard, sounded like that of another of the tamers.

Diddy and Dixie looked at each other as they ran and saw that, indeed, there were now two of the circus tamers.

"Ahhh, how did those crazy tamers find us?!" Diddy exclaimed in despair as he fled with Dixie through the vegetation.

"I thought they were already dead!" Dixie exclaimed in the same way.

The two kongs continued to run as fast as their four limbs gave them, while those tamers began to shoot with their weapons in the direction of both; apparently, these were tranquilizer darts, but even so, Diddy and Dixie had to be careful not to be intercepted. A while later, the tension in them increased when suddenly... the third tamer appeared to them by surprise in front and with a weapon in hand.

"STAY STILL!"

Diddy and Dixie hurriedly turned to run in the opposite direction... not before forgetting that in that opposite direction, came the other two tamers.

"STOP, LITTLE MONKEYS!" one of them exclaimed, reappearing in front of the two.

With both directions at risk, Diddy and Dixie tried to turn into another route to escape the tamers. When suddenly, in the middle of the escape... Dixie felt a sudden prick in her arm that caused her to stop abruptly and fall to the ground. Diddy stopped a second later when he realized that Dixie had fallen, and rushed to her aid.

"DIXIE!" Diddy exclaimed when he saw that Dixie was now lying on the ground with her eyes narrowing. "DIX-"

Suddenly, Diddy felt a prick in his arm too, which took him by surprise and made him fall to the ground, while feeling as if his strength was leaving... Afterwards, he realized that both he and Dixie had syringes in their arms that had been injected into both. Diddy felt his eyes inevitably closing while his vision was distorting as he caught sight of the group of tamers heading towards both and, several seconds later, his sense of reality and his vision were completely fading...