Chapter 8: Homeworks

That same afternoon, Diddy was preparing to go to Dixie's house. He was in the living room picking up some books and school supplies to go. Minutes later, Donkey arrived in the room and noticed what Diddy was doing.

"So, Dixie is in school now," Donkey said, smiling. "That's great. You'll have a new company. Will you go to her house now?"

"Yes, right now," Diddy replied in kind. "I'll come back later."

"Okay, little buddy," Donkey added, patting him on the shoulder. "Have a good time."

"See you later, Donkey," Diddy said as he headed for the door.

Diddy left the house and went downstairs to finally leave. Meanwhile, Donkey stared at him until he lost his sight, and later smiled; for some reason, he seemed to notice that Diddy looked quite smiling during those last few days... and much more now that he saw him leave.

Later, Diddy had arrived at Dixie's house and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, Tiny peeked out and greeted him, being accompanied by the other three young kongs.

"Hi, Diddy!" the four of them said at the same time.

"Hi, friends!" Diddy greeted them back cheerfully.

"Will you come and play with us?" Tiny said, taking Diddy's arm along with Kiddy.

"Then, now we have homework," Diddy replied, shrugging and smiling.

"Diddy didn't come to play now," Dixie added with a few small laughs. "We're going to do school work."

"Oh, really?" Tiny said, putting on a pleading face. "What if we play for a while first? Say yes!"

"Tiny, we can't now," Dixie said. "We'll be busy right now. Or we could play later when we finish, okay?"

"But sure," Tiny said, pointing to them with a playful look.

Then, Diddy and Dixie went outside the house to study more quietly, and sat under a tree where there were also rocky or wooden surfaces to place their belongings.

"Now, we can start," Dixie said, taking some pencils.

"Have you seen anything about this topic before?" Diddy asked, showing the homework they had to do.

"I remember something, but I didn't finish seeing it in depth. You know, I wasn't in school last year."

"Okay, it's not that hard after you finish understanding it, you'll see," Diddy said smiling. "Although, it's quite extensive and even becomes frustrating."

"Do you usually take too long to finish a homework like that?" Dixie asked as she began to write.

"At first, yes... While that wasn't the worst part, the really frustrating thing is that almost always those fool kids would break my homework, and then I had to make up an excuse for Wrinkly."

"Wow, how wicked those kids," Dixie said in disgust, before continuing to write. "How can they be so inconsiderate?"

"'Inconsiderate' is too small for them, believe me," Diddy added, rolling his eyes. "But hey, I'll warn you that you must protect your schoolwork at all costs from them."

"Which of those four kids is the most annoying?"

"Well, what do I say, I would say the orangutan and the mandrill, that is, Jemky and Mandrew. Although the truth is, all of them have their way of being evil. Melenky, the red-footed one, is also too annoying."

"The orangutan boy pretended to be nice to me at break," Dixie said, frowning.

"Bah, he's just a braggart, believe me he is. He is the one that usually begins to annoy and is tremendous critical; the same as Mandrew, although the latter, on the other hand, is more mocking and usually goes with the flow; Melenky is also another, although he is somewhat clumsy at times, but he is also an annoying mocker. Rocky could be said to be the least evil, but he's also annoying."