Chapter 53: A Foiled Plan

The next day had arrived. A new week began and, of course, it was a day to ruin traps. Diddy and Dixie were walking to the ship's site. Diddy also carried in his hands a plate with a banana cake that they had both prepared for the kong children, who had provided them with information about the trap that their so-called friends had for the two. Obviously, they had been guided by Mr. Pinky's instructions... Even though it hadn't looked quite right.

"Do you think they'll like it?" Diddy asked, looking with a forced smile at the cake, which had a not-so-aesthetic appearance.

"At least it tasted good," Dixie replied, smiling insecurely, too.

Being nearby, the first thing they did was to find the group of kong children and hand them the cake, being very careful not to be seen by anyone else. Then, they began to head towards where their so-called four friends would be to implement the plan, but not before giving the reminders.

"Well, you know: just as we planned," Dixie said to Diddy quietly. "You flirt with Jenny and tell her that you love her and that you'll give her a chance, while I go with the other three to get to you and there we'll pretend to fight as they expect us to."

"Okay," Diddy nodded, smiling and giving a thumbs up, before getting serious. "Uhh, but Dixie... don't delay, please; I don't want to spend a lot of time with Jenny."

"Don't worry, don't be afraid to defend yourself in any way if she tries to cross the line with you. Besides, everything will be fast," Dixie said, smiling confidently. "Now, let's go!"

They both high-fived and smiled at each other. Then, each of them went where they needed to go as part of the plan.

Dixie headed to where the ship was to meet Mandy, Ricky and Melvyn. She had no idea on what terms she was with them, but she didn't care anymore; she decided to show herself safely to them and treat them as if nothing had happened. The three of them were near the ship as if they were waiting for something.

"Hi, friends! How is it going?" Dixie greeted them, pretending to be happy to see them.

The three turned and were astonished to see Dixie, as part of their plan was that they would have to go find her at the house to tell her that Diddy had supposedly gone out with Jenny, and so Dixie would get angry and want to go with them to confront them. But now, Dixie had gotten ahead of them.

"Uhh, H-hi, Dixie!" each greeted her with confused faces.

"What are you doing? Have you finished the ship yet?" Dixie asked, pretending not to know anything and with a sure smile.

"Ahh, yes, of course," Mandy replied, looking at her somewhat strangely. "Hey, and you didn't come yesterday, what happened?"

"Well... I was just a little tired," Dixie replied, shrugging and still smiling.

"By the way," Ricky said with a serious look, "your boyfriend or ex-boyfriend Diddy owes us one for what he did to Jenny yesterday at a game."

"About he threw fruit juice in her face?" Dixie asked, keeping her expression. "Oh, yes, he did tell me."

"Are you and Diddy still together?" Ricky asked, also pretending not to know. "I mean... You know, because of what happened two days ago-"

"Ahh, that," Dixie interrupted, shrugging. "Of course, we already fixed things."

"After he kissed Jenny?" Melvyn asked cynically.

"Well, yes," Dixie replied with a smile and shrugging again. "He told me he just wanted to kiss Jenny, but he doesn't like her or anything, so I forgave him," she added to confuse them more on purpose.