Chapter 51: An Arrangement... and Another Revelation

A/N: Extensive chapter.

Later, after so much escape, Diddy headed back home. Minutes before, he had to hide until the quartet along with the rest of the herd of children lost sight of him, since they wanted to go against him after the move he had made to Jenny.

On the other hand, Dixie was still running home. She managed to see Diddy arriving at it, so she had to speed up more to get there before him.

Diddy was one step away from going upstairs, when suddenly, he met Dixie head-on by surprise. She was tired of running and didn't know what face to make, as she hadn't managed to arrive before Diddy. In fact, both of them didn't know what to say or what face to put on at that time. Diddy noticed Dixie showing herself with fast breathing due to the hustle.

"Uhh... Hi, Dixie!" Diddy said with a nervous smile. "What are you up to?"

"Uhh... Nothing... I just... went for a walk," Dixie replied, trying to hide everything and break the ice. "Oh, and... How did it go there? Is the ship ready?"

"Well, yeah, everything is ready," Diddy replied, still with some nerves, but trying to talk to her normally. "But you know? Those... I don't even know what to call them now. Instead of planning everything, they started celebrating and playing," he added before starting to laugh when remembering the last thing. "And you don't even know what I did."

"What?" Dixie asked, trying to stay serious, but then she knew what Diddy meant, and she also started to laugh.

"We played that same challenge game again, and..." Diddy replied, trying to stop laughing.

"Jenny?!" Dixie added, starting to laugh too, but instantly, she realized that she gave herself away, so she fell silent.

"Huh? Yes, how do you know?" Diddy asked, stopping the laughter in his tracks as well.

"Uhh... It's that..." Dixie didn't know what to say now. "Ah, really? I think I guessed," she added with a forced smile, trying to deflect the topic.

"Did you go there too?" Diddy asked, giving her a strange look.

"Uh, no, of course not! I just..."

"Oh, admit it!" Diddy said, wanting to laugh again and giving her a little push, before letting out his laughter. "You had to see it!"

"Oh, okay! Yes, I went... I did see everything," Dixie replied with a little embarrassment and seriousness this time. "I'm sorry... it's that, you know... I just wanted to make sure everything was... okay."

Diddy stopped laughing, at the same time that he felt worried about Dixie after hearing that answer. Then, he remembered that they still had to clarify everything and should fix things as soon as possible.

"And... do you feel better right now?" Diddy asked, smiling at her with some insecurity. "Do you want to go for a walk for a while?"

Dixie, although no longer upset, agreed to go with him and be able to clear things up. She was also very ashamed that she hadn't believed Diddy, even though he had always given her reason to trust him. Along the way, they were talking about everything that happened in the meeting and, remembering the last event, they let out laughter. After several minutes of walking, they went to sit next to a fallen tree trunk, still laughing.

"... And everyone thought you were really going to do it!" Dixie said, trying to stop laughing. "Oh, no, I shouldn't laugh at Jenny, poor."

"Bah, though she and the other three laugh and make fun of us anyway," Diddy added, shrugging and laughing again along with Dixie.