Chapter 63: Disturbing Discoveries

In the middle of that corridor, Mr. Pinky stopped in front of Diddy and Dixie, who had just calmed down when they saw him, before immediately running towards him.

"Mr. Pinky!" Diddy exclaimed, hugging his arm tightly and excitedly along with Dixie. "But w-what are you doing here?! How did you get here?"

"Weren't you at your school meeting?" Dixie asked. "And you have to leave here; this place is dangerous!" she added in a low voice, looking sideways in fear.

Suddenly, they both realized something very strange... Mr. Pinky didn't answer them; he just looked at them in a fixed and serious way, similar to when he got angry with intensity.

"Uhh... Are you okay, mister?" Dixie asked, looking at him strangely and beginning to have a bad feeling.

Suddenly, Mr. Pinky put his hand inside his cloak and, as if suddenly it wasn't him, pulled out a firearm. He immediately pointed to Diddy and Dixie, which left them both too confused.

"B-but what's wrong with him?!" Diddy whispered by grabbing and squeezing Dixie's arm.

Both gave a terrified scream and began to flee at speed when suddenly, Mr. Pinky began to press the trigger and let out a shot instantly. He then began to chase them as well.

Diddy and Dixie were running as fast as their four limbs gave them, while both were still in a state of panic at what they witnessed. They had no idea what was wrong with Mr. Pinky, but for the moment they just needed to run away and hide while feeling a huge continuous adrenaline.

Mr. Pinky was speeding after Diddy and Dixie, walking through several corridors of the building. From time to time, he dropped a shot with the gun, which made the two of them stand on end as they tried not to get caught.

"What's wrong with Mr. Pinky?!" Diddy exclaimed in horror as he ran along with Dixie. "Why does he want to shoot us?!"

Then, Diddy and Dixie were approaching an area where there were two corridors that led to different routes, which left them undecided and barely had time to choose where to go. Both thought differently at that moment and each ran to each of the two corridors.

"Dixie!" Diddy exclaimed, stopping in his tracks, and then running to where Dixie was going.

Suddenly, Mr. Pinky appeared in front of Diddy by surprise, so he stopped and continued running down that same corridor, while the teacher was chasing him and pointing the gun at him. Diddy just ran in terror and aimlessly while feeling an intense fear for Mr. Pinky like never before.

"Diddy!" Dixie exclaimed in the same way.

Dixie, not knowing what to do now, ran again to try to catch up with Diddy, whom she had already lost sight of as well as Mr. Pinky. Suddenly, she heard a gunshot... which only left her thinking the worst. But she continued to run and try to at least locate Diddy.

Later, Dixie no longer heard any noise or saw any trace of Diddy or Mr. Pinky, so she stopped while thinking about where to go. Suddenly, she heard someone whisper her name, to which she immediately turned to look at who it was. Luckily, it was Diddy, who was hiding in a short corridor leading to a door. Dixie felt enormous relief to see him safe, and headed towards him.

"Diddy!" Dixie exclaimed quietly, taking him by the shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I managed to lose sight of him," Diddy replied in the same volume of voice and breathing heavily. "I-I don't know what's wrong with Mr. Pinky, why does he want to kill us?"

"I have no idea; I think that's not Mr. Pinky... First of all, what would he do here? How did he get in here?!"

"Yes, it's him. We clearly saw his face!"